Java or C++

I am beginner in this field. I want to learn programming. So suggest me where i can start?

Java
or
C++

Which is easier to understand or they relate each other or not? I start first Java or C++.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    honeyclarck
    I am beginner in this field. I want to learn programming. So suggest me where i can start?

Java
    or
    C++

Which is easier to understand or they relate each other or not? I start first Java or C++.
    Start with C programming if you're totally new to programming. If you know programming and wondering which one would be easier between Java & C++, then the best way to figure that out is through trying to learn both the languages. Upon grabbing the basics, you'll know your answer.

We can't tell you which one is easier for 'you'.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    honeyclarck

Java
    or
    C++

Experts nowadays suggests to start with C#. Its a good and a solid language with lot many resources.
    Particularly I found that its not difficult to manage. Generally I advise newbies to focus more on core concepts like logic and clean coding. Then next step is OOP.

I think language to begin with should be good and shouldnt hamper the core concepts of learning.
    If you want to deal in with web apps or websites, java or c# is a good way to start. Once you get good grip, next is learning .NET framework.

Dont bother much on language or technology, pick any one which has OOP and focus on logic,design and OOP in this order. Then study the data-structures and algorithms(You would use these even before you think of studying it deeply), but its a must for any programmer who wants to be efficient.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    First build your logic in C/C++.
    next build your Object Oriented concepts .
    Next your choice C++/Java/C#.
    Once you are well verse with OOP programming you can do programming any language.
    For fun watch video on youtube java vs .net 😉
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    C++ forms the basic... But you should know C first... As everyone have said, start with C, then move on to C++ and OOPS and then come to Java...
  • Arnav Joshi
    Arnav Joshi
    And if you decide to start with C programming. Make sure to read from the book from the creators of C - Kernighan and Ritchie .
    The C Programming Language . Apart from the 8th chapter most of the programs will work on Linux systems.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello I am new in this community. I want to learn web designing. How can i learn Adobe photo shop, Dream weaver, html/php, and flash by video tutorials for free....
I was on a very short, unplanned trip to Gurgaon & Delhi. It was my first trip to the Capital of India and I had a chance to visit the...
hi guys.am final year student of telecomm engineering.doing project on voice reocoginition.guys i have been stucked in a problem 😔..i want to turn on the led using easy vr module...
I had written this essay on Life in my 8th grade. So read this from the eyes of a teenager. Excuse the punctuation and the English here and there. 😛...
Hello everybody, i'm facing problem while installing IIS(Internet information Server) on Windows XP SP3, the error message is "setup was unable to open information file ims.inf Contact your system administrator....