JAVA-IN-LINUX

Hi,
i want to know where to write a java program in linux(i am running centos operating system),i should write in a file ,from command line or in the folders.

i want to know how to run a java program in linux,thanks😀

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    NITISH CSE JHS
    i want to know where to write a java program in linux
    You can use editors like : emacs,gedit,GVim,etc.
    (I prefer emacs)

NITISH CSE JHS
    i want to know how to run a java program in linux,thanks😀
    -Press ctrl+alt+T : Opens the Terminal
    -cd to directory where program is saved.(I assume you know this)
    - Type in terminal
    javac NameOfFile.java
    Note: For javac,you have to install OpenJDK-devel.

Note2: If you don't like compiling programs from terminal,you can use IDE like Eclipse.
  • NITISH CSE JHS
    NITISH CSE JHS
    Abhishek Rawal
    You can use editors like : emacs,gedit,GVim,etc.
    (I prefer emacs)

-Press ctrl+alt+T : Opens the Terminal
    -cd to directory where program is saved.(I assume you know this)
    - Type in terminal
    javac NameOfFile.java
    Note: For javac,you have to install OpenJDK-devel.

Note2: If you don't like compiling programs from terminal,you can use IDE like Eclipse.
    thanks a lot sir
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    For any serious Java developer, knowledge of an IDE (eclipse, netbeans or RAD) is a must. These are available for Linux too. You should start from there.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Something *awesome* has just been launched on CE​ ​😁​ ​You always wanted it!​ ​You asked for it!​ ​&​ ​It's Live!​ ​But you've to find it out yourself!​ ​Hint: You don't...
About 90% give wrong answers. but hoping so CE's can give the correct answer ...👍 5-(5*6-2-4)+2=?????
I am from Kolkata.I want to crack GATE 2014.My stream is Civil Engg. I am confused in selecting correspondence course. Made Easy or Gateforum......Which is better for Civil? I need...
In Greek mythology, Icarus, the son of Daedalus, was known to fly too close to the sun for his own good. Current solar technology is analogous to that myth in...
A Dutch company is looking for applicants to 'one way' trip to Mars. Yes, you read it right - it's a ONE WAY trip. Once you go, there's no return...