Japan's Maglev L0 Is World's Fastest Bullet Train With 500 Kmph Speed

Japanese engineers have built world's fastest Maglev (Magnetic Levitation: Extreme Engineering) train with a top speed of about 311 mph ( 500 Km/h ). Called the Maglev L0, the bullet train is now officially the world's fastest. The speed aficionados however will have to wait until 2027 by which the first of these trains will be deployed on the Tokyo-Nagoya line cutting the current travel time from 90 minutes to 40. The first train is expected to have 5 cars including the long aerodynamic nose on the front one. No doubt the L0 is one of the finest achievement by engineers at the Central Japan Railway Co. (JR Tokai).

slide

Once ready, the L0 bullet train will carry 1000 passengers at a time in 16 cars. Each of these cars will be 24.3 meters in length and offer extra room for the passengers. Japan was the first country in the world to operate high speed trains in 1964 as it unveiled the first Bullet Train, "Shinkansen" coinciding with the Summer Olympics. It ran on the central line in Japan. It ran at a speed of 130 mph and since the most of the countries have built their own versions of the high speed trains. The current crown however lies with the China's 500 Kmph "Sword" Train Launched By CSR Corp. Ltd. which promises to run at about 300 mph. However with the track length restrictions, it usually runs at about 150 mph.

Japan leads the race with overall speed of the trains, averaging at about 199 mph over its 1400 miles of track. Check out following video -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ssangyong Motor Company is the Mahindra & Mahindra Group (India) owned, fourth largest South Korea-based automobile manufacturer. SsangYong, which means 'double dragons', had unveiled the new Rodius, first launched in...
Computex 2013 saw the launch of two new powerful gaming laptops from GIGABYTE. The company has come up with these gaming notebooks - P27K And P25W - with NVIDIA GeForce...
I'm curious to know why do we (Indians) are so immensely interested in knowing how much salary / income we make. I've faced direct questions on how much money I...
Much awaited BBM aka Blackberry Messenger for Android is expected to be available for download from Google Play store on June 27th. It'd be the first time that the BBM...
Any.do (my favorite personal task manager) recently teased that they'll be announcing a calendar app. The company has just released a video (see below) that shows the app in action...