Japan's LINE Messenger App With Funky Virtual Stickers Now Available In India.

Tapping into one of the fastest smartphone markets, Japanese internet enterprise Line Corporation recently announced the launch its popular free-calling and messaging mobile app LINE in India, and its brand marketing campaign comprises a series of TV commercials aimed at the Indian youth. Their first TV commercial was launched in India on June 30th, stressing on the 'group voice chat' and the 'virtual sticker' features.

slide

LINE came into existence following the communications breakdown due to the tsunami in Japan and the subsequent earthquakes, and has been branching out all over the globe ever since. This mobile messenger service has been an instant hit with the Japanese smarts, having drawn over 45 million users from Japan alone, and that too within just 23 months since its launch. Overall it has attracted around 180 million users in the same time bracket. The most attractive offering of this app is definitely the Virtual Stickers, which add humor to the instant messages- a major reason for the rapid rise of LINE. The sticker characters are LINE's originals, and even include a few ever-favorites like Disney, Hello Kitty and Iron Man.

Commenting on the India launch, Akira Morikawa, CEO of Line Corporation, said,
LINE has grown at a tremendous speed to reach more than 180 million in only 23 months after its launch. Today, it delivers 5 billion calls and messages across the world on its network per day. In fact, LINE is amongst a few services globally which has received an enthusiastic response by the young generation in many countries in such a short period. After witnessing solid growth in Asia, Europe and US, making inroad into the Indian market was a part of our overall strategy. With its huge youth population, increasing mobile and internet penetration, lowering bandwidth costs, India makes a hotbed for LINE messenger application which will change the way people communicate in the country.
Also, its availability on smartphones and PCs and its compatibility with operating systems spanning Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Nokia Asha and Mac, this app comes muscled in with features and functionalities that make for a truly connected experience.

Replies

• sainandan
    sainandan
    in android there are many apps like this but it has some options like virtual sticker .so it is attracted by people .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    How big an impact can the silly stickers have? Japan's Line Corporation is now claiming to have bagged five million registered users in India. This isn't merely because people have taken to trying something new, is it? 😨

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was always puzzled to see many videos in youtube to show how to start a car without key , opening door , etc.I want to know whether there had...
Guys I am stuck with an IEEE paper but I am through with most of the topics and I am running out of money in finding a lot I heard...
Samsung's 85" beast, the 85S9 Ultra HD TV has been launched in India with a brain-blasting price tag of Rs. 27 lakh only. The display fanatics may recall that the...
As a resident of Neyveli I am aware of the situation here .But I want to know what will be the public's view on it as NLC was working in...
Hi all, What happens if the input voltage of the buck converter goes below the output voltage? i.e output voltage is same as the previous? For eg: Iam having Buck...