Japan Airlines shares drop 45% as bankruptcy fears grow

One of the big name in world Airline industry is JAL (Japan Airline limited), and they are thinking of filing bankruptcy as soon as early next week. News excerpt taken from BBC news: #-Link-Snipped-#

Shares in Japan Airlines (JAL) fell by 45% to a new all-time low on Tuesday as fears grow that the carrier is heading for bankruptcy.

The fall came despite an improved offer of investment from American Airlines, up from $1bn to $1.3bn.

The US carrier is keen to link into JAL's lucrative Asian routes.

Meanwhile, JAL's current and former employees have agreed to cuts in the company's pension scheme payouts. The fund has a $3.6bn (£2.2bn) deficit.

Those cuts are crucial to the company gaining any government support.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Finally, CrazyEngineers' crossed 100,000 posts. I guess we all should now look forward to crossing 200,000 posts in next 4 months. What say you?
Its an urgent requirement for an mini project based on microcontroller for T.E
please tell some good topics for project in vb.
I was wondering if there can be some blog-template which allows me to convert my blog into miniforum thing. Here is what I want. There will be a widget on...
A major earthquake struck southern Haiti on Tuesday (12th Jan 2010), knocking down buildings and power lines and inflicting what its ambassador to the United States called a catastrophe for...