iWork vs. MS Office For Mac - Which One & Why?

All those who have switched from Windows to Mac will relate to this.

Firstly, iWork is substantially cheaper - form the App Store, each app is $20.
iWork can save files into MS Office formats.
As long as your documents don't have a lot of complex formatting (e.g. page layout stuff such as a newsletter), it works well.

But since we are used to doing the editing work on MS Office on windows, the tools come handy in Mac too.
Suggest your opinion regarding both.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A quick look at the videos about Office For Mac - 2011 makes you feel that Office is a clear winner (as compared to iWork 09) -

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd go with MS Office For Mac. Office productivity suite is definitely one of the software Microsoft's got right from the beginning. The world's addicted to Office suites by Microsoft and just two minutes on iWork (Pages, Numbers) tells you what you're missing! Office for Mac brings all the functionality and ease of use you'd find on office for Windows.

I'd however have different opinion about 'Keynote' app from the iWork suite. Keynote is better presentation making software than power point; given the simplicity and overall 'look and feel'. 😀 . But MS Word For Mac beats the hell out of Pages any day.
  • avii
    avii
    Doc - MS Office for Mac
    Excel - MS Office for Mac
    PPT - iWork [Keynote]

period.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I too feel that MS Power Point has to come a long way to meet the standards of KeyNote.
    KeyNote presentations are soothing & pleasing to the eye. They go with the flow of the content and make your seminars smooth.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

All the mouse (input device 😛 ) that come with desktops are by-default designed for the right-handed people. This is a question for all the left-handers on CE, do you...
Can anyone please tell me the cutoff for iits nits and other good colleges
Hi to every one!!!😀 I am Anbarasu studying final year mechanical engineering.. I wanted to be a part of the crazy engineers..
i am an trainees in College of Science and Technology at Bhutan pursuing B.E. in Civil Engineering. by this site i have full hope to gain a support and knowledge...
One my friend's brother got 3183 rank in GATE. He is from EC branch. Which college he might get? Someone said that he can get admission in new IIT's or...