ISRO's ANTRIX Will Launch 6 Satellites For Singapore In December

ANTRIX, the commercial arm of ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) will launch six satellites for Singapore in December. ISRO's demonstrated its launch capabilities time and again using its reliable PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) and even won the prestigious Space Pioneer Award 2015 for Mangalyaan mission. The total payload comprising of six satellites will include a500 kg TeLOS-1 satellite from Singapore Technologies Electronics Ltd.

ISRO has been promoting ANRIX's capabilities and launch potential of the medium-lift vehicle among several international spacecraft manufacturers. V.S. Hegde, the chairman and MD of ANTRIX informed the audience at a seminar that they are in talks with several satellite manufacturers around the world for PSLV as well as the GSLV. He further informed that the response to GSLV is growing and ANTRIX is eyeing opportunities in the 2000 - 2200 Kg class.

The PSLV will put the satellites into near-equatorial orbit, tilted by about 15 degrees lower to the south of equator. Hegde added that there's a shortage of launches in the 1000-1500 small and medium sized satellites. It's expected that space agencies around the world will want to use the GSLV system.

The GSLV has high demand from around the world, but national launches will always be the top priority for ISRO.

Among the six satellites to be launched in December, the TeLOS-1 is the first ever, made in Singapore, commercial, remote sensing satellite. It's been designed to operate at an orbital altitude of about 550 km and update every 90 minutes. The on-board electronics and electro-optics camera will offer ground imagery at 1 m sampling distance.

ANTRIX-ISRO-Singapore-Satellite

ST Electronics says that the images from this satellite will be used for monitoring disaster hit areas and related management, exploration of minerals, precision farming, monitoring of environment, studies related to climate change, maritime and coastal observations, urban planning, security as well as agricultural studies.

Other five smaller satellites have been developed by universities in Singapore for study purposes.

Hegde said that ANTRIX did a business of about 1800 crore rupees last year and expects to beat revenue projections for 2015. ISRO is also all set to launch another satellite, from the German Space Agency (GLR) called EnMap next year.

ISRO so far has launched about 23 satellites for developing and developed countries in the low earth orbits.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kaustubh Thanks for your wish. Pls confirm me, am I eligible for IES Exam as I am 30 years old.
After a long series of misleading news, predictions and speculations, the official specs of BlackBerry Priv are probably out. Since the decline in the once huge company’s busy, even a...
i have completed my engineering in computer science,is it possible do my MS in automobiles? if yes,please help me with this
I have been working as Assistant Engineer (Electrical) in Uttar Haryana Bijili Vitran Nigam Ltd. for 18 years.I am from Haryana India.
Nature's photosynthesis beats artificial solar cells hands down when it comes to efficiency. Photosynthesis, a phenomenon perfected by nature since the beginning of the life on Earth achieves near perfect...