Isn't Government A Welfare company?

"Isn't Government A Welfare company?" This question always arises in my mind. If the answer is yes, then that organisation is in heavy loss.
Everyday we visit/ come across many government offices. The most common being bank. Even after core banking is applied, the employees still come at 10:00 start their work by 10:30 and go home by 5:00. The time for public transaction is hardly till 3:30 P.M.

Don't you think that banking should be 24 hours? Say I have a cheque and I want to draw it, I should have facility to visit a bank even at 12:00 at night and do the required procedure.

Why should we be limited to 10:00a.m and 3:30 pm? The same is the case with other government offices.

I bet if we make these offices efficient and make them work for 24X7, our economy and the tired GDP of 6.5-7 will touch infinityβ˜• . What is your take?
#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I think there should be quality work performed in less time than poor work performed in 24*7.

For example, I was shocked looking at this 😨
    548915_345859672116527_197911436911352_870700_1609307439_n

I hate people who don't value other's time.

The government should hire more responsible employees, who are willing to fulfill their duty honestly and timely.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Well, the same thing happened to me today... I had to open a PPF account and they restricted me to come between 10 and 3! When we think from our side, yeah, it is really frustrating to confine to that time... But from their side, they are not working so hard. Ask them to come and see the IT Offices... They squeeze people and get the work done... Why can the Govt. offices be dependable?
    Dancer_Engineer
    I think there should be quality work performed in less time than poor work performed in 24*7.

I hate people who don't value other's time.

The government should hire more responsible employees, who are willing to fulfill their duty honestly and timely.
    I shared this post today... Was shocked to see such a nonsense happening in the Govt. offices, that too when their need is there... πŸ˜”
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Issue
    "Isn't Government A Welfare company?" This question always arises in my mind. If the answer is yes, then that organisation is in heavy loss.
    Everyday we visit/ come across many government offices. The most common being bank. Even after core banking is applied, the employees still come at 10:00 start their work by 10:30 and go home by 5:00. The time for public transaction is hardly till 3:30 P.M.

Don't you think that banking should be 24 hours? Say I have a cheque and I want to draw it, I should have facility to visit a bank even at 12:00 at night and do the required procedure.

Why should we be limited to 10:00a.m and 3:30 pm? The same is the case with other government offices.

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    First of all, these days everyone have an opinion that Government Employees, Officers don't work seriously. If we have this kind of negative opinion in our mind whatever we see, we'll probably take it as negative that's no wonder. Lets come out of that and lets discuss what's really happening.

Only very few government offices like Banks have timings like 10 a.m to 3.30 pm. Though their time is fixed, they'll leave only after their work gets completed. Most of the departments are tough. I'm seeing lot of Government employees daily who works even after coming to home and in saturdays and sundays. Government employees work hard really, their work is not so easy as we see.

Coming to that photo, It's really bad. It happens with some lazy fellows who don't have interest to work and who got the job so easy.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes, 70% of them are lazy,rude and don't take customer service in priority.But things need to make them punctual in office hours not making them 24X7 work.
    Why should be physical banking 24X7 while we have online banking available for most of the needs and I don't think other govt offices need to be like call center.

Time is fixed upto 3:30 pm for general public transaction after that they do their own transaction/banking work and corporate banking.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    ianoop
    Time is fixed upto 3:30 pm for general public transaction after that they do their own transaction/banking work and corporate banking.
    There are employees who do work which is not related to public service during the time period which is actually meant for the public service. I have experienced it. πŸ‘Ž They have no right to do so. They must solve our problem and not delay it with their silly excuses.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Dancer_Engineer
    There are employees who do work which is not related to public service during the time period which is actually meant for the public service. I have experienced it. πŸ‘Ž They have no right to do so. They must solve our problem and not delay it with their silly excuses.
    First, Please know how bank timing works,
    RTGS(Real Time Gross Settlement) Transaction only works till 3:30 that is why there is no account transaction can be done. but you can submit cheques and other things.
    ICICI also have the same timing
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    ianoop
    RTGS(Real Time Gross Settlement) Transaction only works till 3:30 that is why there is no account transaction can be done. but you can submit cheques and other things.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hey, the customer service is there like for the whole day... πŸ˜€ You can create a new account at 7:30 PM too!!! πŸ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    ianoop
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I took your statement,
    ianoop
    as am example to say my statement.
    I have not mentioned about banks anywhere in my statement. And I have nothing against banks either.

My point covers other areas of government service and / or bank.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# then you are talking about Navaratna companies or companies like LIC etc?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    What about post offices....
    When I visited post office about year ago in Raipur,Chattisgarh , I was stunned . office is so well maintained and working till 8pm.Cheapest rate and on time delivery.
    On of friend told me that hyderabad post office is also very good.Did any one used post offices in these days. I hope they have good service in all major cities .
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Issue
    #-Link-Snipped-# then you are talking about Navaratna companies or companies like LIC etc?
    There are a lot of Government sector organizations other than banks. Municipal corporations, Judicial, Police, Welfare, Crime, Postal, Excise, Legislative, Customs, Investigation departments many more.
    Few of my relatives are in to Government sector and that's how I came to know their functionalities and all.
  • avii
    avii
    Dancer_Engineer
    Any source of this ? Don't tell me facebook ! 😘

With using Photoshop, I can show you she playing Crysis 2 😁

And for those who want 24x7 banking services, I say you get what you pay for. SBI's AQB is very less what compared others. HDFC - 10,000 INR. Axis & ICICI - 5,000 INR. And not mention the hidden charges & surprises every month πŸ˜›

You want to open a account an account in non-banking hours ? Simple, meet the manager & tell them to set AQB at 1,00,000 INR, lets see how he will not agree 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The title says it all - The Biggest room in the world is the room of improvement. β˜• I would like to read the opinions of CEans in this regard....
CAN A VVF DRIVE BE USED TO CONTROL THE MOVEMENT OF A SHUTTER OF A DOME,USED IN OBSERVATORIES?
I've been reading various speculations that Apple's new iPad may be launched in India around May 2012. The new iPad went to retail stores on March 16 and is expected...
hi all, i am working on my graduation project and i need an Automatic voice answering machine circuit diagram. i hope to find an easy to follow one with enough...
Mr. Universe 1952 Turns 100, Credits Healthy Lifestyle, Happiness​ ​​ He doesn't drink or smoke, and centenarian Manohar Aich credits his longevity to a healthy lifestyle in which he minimizes...