Is there is use of carburettor in SI engines

is there is use of carburettor in SI engines as in petrol engines when the pressurised petrol is injected in cylinder directly.

Replies

• vvishwaskumar
    vvishwaskumar
    i m not getting ur question. Spark ignition (si) and petrol engines are same and in that carburettor is used to supply air-fuel mixture in appropriate ratio.
  • ashishgupta652
    ashishgupta652
    in new technology the si engines are coming with the fuel directly injected to cyl
    is carburetter used in these type of engines,.,?
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    ashishgupta652
    is there is use of carburettor in SI engines as in petrol engines when the pressurised petrol is injected in cylinder directly.
    neither petrol is pressurised in si engines nor carburator is used to pressurise fuel. its used to maintain proper air fuel mixture and filter the fuel.
  • ankit bapat
    ankit bapat
    let me tell you that pressurised petrol is not injected
    pressurised injection is used in compression ignition or diesel engine
    carburretor only mixes air and fuel
    it is only used in spark ignition engines😎
  • ashishgupta652
    ashishgupta652
    Thanx,.buddy
  • ironman
    ironman
    ashishgupta652
    All petrol engines are SI (spark ignition) engines.
    No, there is no need of carbeuretor in engines which have fuel injection systems.
    Fuel injector is just one of the components of the complete Fuel Injection System. There is a fuel pump, sensors to measure air mass and cylinder temperature etc.
  • nick_cardoza
    nick_cardoza
    ^^ 100% correct. when fuel injection first came around in the form of throttle bod injection it was nothing more than a pump and a electronically signaled single injector in the actual throttle plate. the main sensors that told the computer how much air to fuel mix was you o2 sensor and mass airflow sensor. the o2 sensor senses the levels of carbon in the exhaust and sends that to the computer. mass airflow sensor calculates how much air s coming into the engine and sends that to the computer. the computer then compares the two readings and adjusts its fuel air mix until it is within proper pre-programed specifications.
  • kumar.chandan89
    kumar.chandan89
    yes, carburetor is necessary for petrol engine. because it give homogeneous mixture of fuel and air. if we used injector in s.i. engine then fuel is not burn properly due to heterogeneity. and ignition temp. of petrol is more than diesel.
    and if intek temp and press is high in si engine then a possiblity to occurs detonation
  • Iconoclast
    Iconoclast
    I think, you are talking about Gasoline Direct Injection systems and MPFI systems. In engines with these technologies, carburettor is not needed at all. These give better performance than carburetted engine.
  • sonu_123
    sonu_123
    Iconoclast
    I think, you are talking about Gasoline Direct Injection systems and MPFI systems. In engines with these technologies, carburettor is not needed at all. These give better performance than carburetted engine.
    i dont think so man coz even in mpfi engines there is a need of a corburettor to supply proper A/F Mixture......
    the carburettor's aim is to provide A/F mixture and it is essential in an SI engine...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kyrion Ethical Hacking Workshop Be ready, for Xebec’10 Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Kashmiri Gate Kyrion Ethical Hacking Workshop, to know all the Hacking techniques under one roof. This workshop...
CYCLING RALLY CYCLE RALLY 27 FEB 7:30 AM DU METRO STATION​Cycling is a great fun activity that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults alike. A fantastic workout, it...
SPEED XEBEC 4-6 MARCH, IN IGIT​ ONE OF D TECHNICAL EVENT IS ROBO RACE(5 MARCH) Download detailed document Time: 2 to 4 pm Venue: Tennis Court Roborace 2010 gives all...
check out this.... [youtube]jgtX20FTdoM[/youtube]
hi.. i want to know that while a train taking a turn its outer wheels covers larger distence than inner ones, so is there any diffrential unit used in it..?