1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Is there interest in a YT Channel that answers specific homework questions/explains topics that the viewer dictates?

Question asked by Cassidy Voelkel in #Mechanical on Nov 21, 2019
Cassidy Voelkel
Cassidy Voelkel · Nov 21, 2019
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

Hi all, I love solving engineering problems and I am a new engineer that has worked in the aerospace industry as well as the semi-conductor industry. When I was in school, it was difficult finding help online for very specific topics/questions that I had without asking my teachers or classmates. Would anyone be interested in a YT channel where I work out your engineering questions (undergrad only) that you send me?

Posted in: #Mechanical
Ambarish Ganesh
Ambarish Ganesh · Nov 26, 2019
Rank B1 - LEADER

That sounds like a cool idea. What branch of engineering would it specifically cover - aerospace or electrical/electronics? Whatever the branch, I'm pretty sure people would find it helpful. I would definitely have subscribed to it. :)

Do share your channel link if you do start it. ?? All the best!

Cassidy Voelkel
Cassidy Voelkel · Nov 26, 2019
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

I'm a mechanical engineer, so likely mechanical questions as my understanding of circuits is limited. Lol 

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 2, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

That is a good idea. However, you could start your channel by solving a few problems and then testing the response. I'm curious to know how do you plan to accept the questions. Will it be through YouTube comments or through a personal website where users can submit their questions? 

YouTube comments could prove to be a limitation because they are text only. Most of the mechanical / electronics questions are likely to require uploading photos and in some cases, videos as well.

If such a channel existed - I'd subscribe to it. But for me, the real differentiator would be getting my problem worked out within hours of submitting it. Is that a possibility? 

PS: I've already started your channel, share a link to it. 

Cassidy Voelkel
Cassidy Voelkel · Dec 5, 2019
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

I would likely accept questions through my Instagram messages (pics, text, videos, etc.) or in the comment section.

Here is my. youtube channel: Enginerd 101

My contact info is on my channel. Also feel free to submit questions through here!

Bala Venkat
Bala Venkat · Dec 10, 2019
Rank D1 - MASTER

That's a great idea. You can start by solving questions on video that are commonly asked in assignments during undergrad courses.. Looking forward to your first video. I would SUBSCRIBE!

Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare · Dec 31, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

Good going Cassidy! Loved your presentation style. It'd be great if you could post some summary of the content in the YouTube description box so that people searching for it can land on your videos easily through YouTube search feature. 

Looks like a great start. More power to you!

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up