Is there anything like 'right decision'?

Most of us are obsessed with taking the 'right decision' at the right time. I've often wondered whether there anything like 'right decision'? After some thought, I found out that people usually take a decision and then work hard to make that decision look like a 'right decision'.

Or is there a way we can be 100% sure that decision we are taking right now is 'the right decision'?

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    We set up a target, work for it. If it is successful means we will say it is a "right decision".
    According to me, Anything done with our full effect and hard work, Will definitely end in right decision.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Just an example, didn't you take a right decision at right time for inception of CE?
    Or was it, you took a decision and then tried to have a go for it?

your answer would help many to answer this.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope; it just took a decision and then worked my ass off to make it look 'right' ๐Ÿ˜ . Trust me, this site would have died years ago, proving my decision wrong.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Nope; it just took a decision and then worked my ass off to make it look 'right' ๐Ÿ˜ . Trust me, this site would have died years ago, proving my decision wrong.
    Here you go,and that's what I wanted to listen from you.
    Decision is something you can take at any point of time, but adding Good to it became it a futuristic thing and may dependent on fate or your hard work.

I do not find any example where one can say for sure that he had taken a good decision at right time. A big NO!!!

The_Big_K
    Most of us are obsessed with taking the 'right decision' at the right time. I've often wondered whether there anything like 'right decision'?
    We just take decisions, some times our hard work make it worth other times its fate. Either way if both (Fate and hard work) are not with us, we say it a wrong decision.

I hope I am clear where I am indicating.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A lot of students write to me to help them take 'right decision' for their career. They want me to pick up MS or M.Tech for them or tell them whether to join Infosys or WIPRO. That's the reason I started this thread ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Then the answer goes to all of those students that are about to start their career or on the verge of choosing the career.

Believe me, Hard work is the master key behind every success.
    Take a decision, give it a deeper thought and if you are loyal to yourself and put it all the hard work in the world, then rarely there are any chance that, you will regret on your decision.

M Tech or MBA or MS, its you folks who are going to make it a success. You know yourself better than anyone in the world. Others can just help you in showing the future perspective, no one can make you successful, ITS YOU who can change the world for yourself!!.

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    There is nothing called right or wrong in the world. Its just how you dream of your future while taking a decision and work on it.
    If you want to fulfill your dream, if you have the desire then you will do it and you will say it as the right decision.
    IF you donot work hard, any so called right decision will never be right. Its just will be said right decision at the wrong time ๐Ÿ˜€

Biggie, the example you told CE was a decision and for making your dream come true and to prove to your self that the decision is right you have worked hard and now its the right decision.

So MBA/MS/Mtech just go into what your dream is, then you will work accordingly. Everywhere for every kind of education there will be opportunities. So take the decision on your dreams and aspirations automatically it will be the right decision.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    not exactly, because nothing is perfect in this world. every coin has two sides.

even the so-called right decision will actually has a drawback, which the corresponding "wrong-decision" won't.

P.S: remember the second law of thermodynamics : "the efficiency of no machine is 100%"
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    That solely depends on what you define as perfect.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    There is nothing like a right or wrong decision.

We take decisions based on information that is available to us when we make that decision. The information we have might be incomplete, we might not have analyzed the information correctly, we might assume somethings for granted and might not have validated those assumptions.. There are a lot of things.. I think we can compare us humans making a decision in our real life to a chess engine deciding on its next move. Well, not exactly, but the process is not much different.

Speaking in terms of game theory, decisions are taken to maximize one's own payoff (or sometimes to minimize the opponent's payoff ๐Ÿ˜› ), with all resources that are available at that point of time. Whatever that payoff might be.. Some decisions really do maximize the payoff. Some don't. But the decision was taken to maximize it, nonetheless.

There is complete and incomplete information, there are going to be assumptions, or not.. There can be good and bad analysis of the information.. But there is no right or wrong decision.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Shakespeare put this in Hamlet's mouth:
    for there is nothing either good or
    bad, but thinking makes it so
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    The issue is between decision making and dithering. Paraphrasing the bard; There is nothing either right decision or wrong decision, but thinking makes it so.
    So let us decide to decide and make it right.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just follow following steps : Create any new folder or you can use any existing folder that is to be hidden. Rename the folder to any name but with the...
At the top of your Facebook profile, you'll see the five most recent pictures containing a picture of you. You can use this section of your profile to make a...
Create a folder that looks customized in Microsoft windows, by saving one of the images or a copy of an image in the folder as folder.jpg. Once this has been...
Hello, i'm Kosi , a 400 level Electronics Engineering Student of University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Being a female student hasnt been very easy because think you dont know what you...
Got in the mail: Creative Mania and Obsession If you are a creative person and you are internally driven to passionately make meaning as Eric Maisel describes in his creativity...