Is there any range of Ip address belongs to a particular country..??

Hello friend's,
Currently i creating a program(using java) which will display the location of the viewer of a particular site.But i need some help.
As we know many sites like whatismyipaddress provide you the information of the Ip address you submitted.
But i want to know how these sites can able to calculate which Ip address location belongs to which country or which location.Is there any range of Ip address belongs to a particular country ??

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hi mohit
    Open Google .com and type
    MAXMIND +IP look up
    You will get something of your use.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm,
    Every service provider as I see, has a range of allocated Public IP address range, when you open the webpage requests are sent down to the webpage. not only is a single website does the whole action , but as well,many more services are taken int account. For the website is is easy to say from which IP the request came, by simply seeing the source address.(in this case the public gateway address)
    for example my home computer starts by asking the gateway about :whatismyipaddress.com as below
    192.... would be my home private addressing, but a traceroute to whatismyipaddress.com resulted in IP address:67.203.139.152, which later acks the packets and redirects my request to various other services like:
    calling the HTTP functions like,
    GET /CSS/myip.css
    GET /gampad/google_Service.js and so on..
    [​IMG]
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    @Durga As you mentioned every service provider has a range of allocated Public IP address.So on that basis we can say that this Ip address belongs to that location.
    Is the range fixed ??
    Is the same case with country ??
    If yes!!
    Provide me the range of some countries or any link where i find the ranges so that i can able to program for finding the country to which a particular Ip address belongs.
    @Goyal Thanks i started to read about it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    mohit007kumar00
    @Durga As you mentioned every service provider has a range of allocated Public IP address.So on that basis we can say that this Ip address belongs to that location.
    Is the range fixed ??
    Is the same case with country ??
    If yes!!
    Provide me the range of some countries or any link where i find the ranges so that i can able to program for finding the country to which a particular Ip address belongs.
    @Goyal Thanks i started to read about it.
    In general, IPs are first allocated by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) to Regional Internet Registries (RIR) around the world. There are five of them and their associated regions:

AfriNIC: Africa Region
    APNIC: Asia/Pacific Region
    ARIN: North America Region
    LACNIC: Latin America and some Caribbean Islands
    RIPE NCC: Europe, the Middle East, and Central Asia

These RIRs will maintain the regional WHOIS and reverse DNS databases. Over time, RIRs will request for more allocation. So there aren't really any fixed ranges for these regions. You can find the a rough RIR allocation here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    However, some IP ranges that were administered to an RIR are now given to another (like ARIN to APNIC), so its quite dynamic as per allocation request. So from RIRs, they'll further allocate IP blocks to National Internet Registeries and ISPs in those specific regions.

There is a website the lists IP ranges of countries here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Though as I mentioned earlier, allocation can be dynamic, so there might be a few blocks that are swapped amongst countries after the list is updated. You'll need to query the WHOIS databases of the RIRs in order to get the latest IP block information and which country they belong to 😀
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Thanks for the nice information!!
    Now i searched for the query "how to connect with WHIOS server" and i get some links which provide the facility to connect with the server.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Mohit
    What about your progress on this?
    Have you study it further?
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Check this link goyal...#-Link-Snipped-#
    It will provide you the code which is used to display the visitor but.
    But some php program is used there.
    I just started to run some php programs.But I need some time to do this.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hey i have asked you something else

Have you read about MAXMIND?
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Actually didn't get time for this(These day's i am vary busy)...but i saved some good pages.
    I must read about this when i get some time.
    If you read about it please post some short notes on it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

we have a formula for ripple factor for capacitive filters.. r.p=1/(4.sq.rt(3).f.c.R) SO...FOR HAVING LOW RIPPLE FACTOR,we need to have high load resistance. so a capacitive filters are used for low...
hi friends i got a prob in creating a database..can some one help me in solving? i created a database in ms access.I went to control panel-administrative tools-data sources(ODBC) to...
hi i got a problem in opening my laptop..i was not able to enter into my account..if i do so i get a message displaying the copy of windows is...
hi , when i was sleeping one day , suddenly i got an thought of a under construction bridge when it was 1 am , and i daily used to...
What can be the disadvantages of swapping in the operating system?