Is there any limit for the mobile resolution?

Not even few months back when 1024*768 was considers to be very rich resolution and only a few devices had that available.

res

Today we have many phones in market that's claiming to be having a 2K resolution. Now with Vivo XPlay 3S, expected Galaxy S5 and Opto devices mobile companies are moving towards 2560*1440

My Questions is on a 4/ 5/ or 5.7 inch device is it worth having that resolution? Anything over 1024*768 shouldn't make much of the difference, does it?

So do CEan's think that the rat race is going to end sometime soon?

-CB

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Anil Jain
    My Questions is on a 4/ 5/ or 5.7 inch device is it worth having that resolution? Anything over 1024*768 shouldn't make much of the difference, does it?
    Anything above 250 PPI is not noticed by human-eye. We have to care more about Pixel density (which depends on Diagonal screen size & resolution both) than just resolution.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Abhishek Rawal
    Anything above 250 PPI is not noticed by human-eye.
    Any supportive study for this!☕
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Anoop Kumar
    Any supportive study for this!☕
    blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/16554/is-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-really-worth-it/

#-Link-Snipped-#

Which scientific experiment has proved this ? Well IDK. But, in every technical blog that's talking about PPI/DPI, I have obtained 250 PPI as ideal threshold. But it can range upto 300 though.
    However, as we move ahead of 300 PPI, you (here, your eyes) ain't capable of catch the difference.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    That's not study. It just written by some fanboy.
    Can anyone with compare with 300ppi vs 441ppi (galaxy s4).

Here is just a showcase (Noted, it also depends on quality of screen)
    Most resolute: phones with the highest pixel density displays - PhoneArena

Also: Pixel Density ( 2272 PPI display already have been developed.)
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    I must give it to Steve Jobs - he made a sales pitch about PPI and the world took it as science! Hope following explanation will lay this debate to rest once and for all #-Link-Snipped-#
    ...the legally accepted norm of 20/20 vision only asks for 876 ppi/dpi at 4 inches!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It's legally accepted that , one should able to see 876ppi and from above article.
    maximum could be..
    At 4 inches, the maximum the human eye needs is 2190 ppi/dpi.
    That's high quite high 😘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just wanted to write a short review of Flipkart's in-a-day delivery service. I ordered Netgear WN3000RP wireless range extender (wireless repeater) yesterday at about 2 PM. I decided to pay...
hi friends, in India iit & niits are the top band institutes for the engineering students and also iim for the management students. Every student wants to get access to...
hello guys every body get famillier with the name of the drone. when this name is comes out every budy thinks about the spying a area from sky. yes it...
hi Guys now a days the mobile or smartphone companies are introduciing the curved screen phones the lg and samsung are launced or very near to launch them but can...
hello friends, i am here about 4-5 months back and i like this platform so much. Guys i searching for this kind of engineers platform from so long and my...