Is there any effect on quality of data which is downloaded on low speed ??

Hello friend's,
Just start downloading Inception(a hollywood movie).
One question in my mind comes that is there any quality difference between data's which is downloaded on 10kbps speed and the one which is downloaded on 1gbps speed ??

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    no i dont think so mohit because the downloading may be with 10 kbps or 1 gbps but the file which is going to be downloaded is the same on the internet ...and the speed of data transfer dosen't depends on the quality of the data ...
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Ya i also think like that rishi our network is designed in such a way that if any error occurs our network will go for retransmission for that particular packets.
    But have you read about jitter.
    In networking jitter refer to the variation in the packet arrival time.
    It is the uneven delay in the delivery of audio or video packets.
    For example, Let us assume that video packets are sent every 30ms.If some of the packets arrive with 30-ms delay and others with 40-ms delay,an uneven quality in the video is the result
    Above quoted article is copied from forouzan.That point my question is correct...??

rishi0922
    but the file which is going to be downloaded is the same on the internet
    Internet is a world wide network rishi.Internet doesn't store any file or data.It helps you to store some data's on the server.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Thanks for your useful information mohit .......now i am hoping that someone can help this issue .....waiting for a point.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, you are actually downloading a video file from a server. The server will have the full file. You will be downloading it in chunks..

Whenever speed is low, the chunks are received slowly. That's the only difference between a slow and a fast connection, that it takes more time to download a file in slow connection.

The issues mentioned, like jitter, skew etc.. are important only in video streaming. When you are streaming a video, then the audio and the video info should sync with one another for the video watching experience to be proper.

If there are jitters or lags, then the video will not sync with the audio, so it will seem to you like a poor quality video.

Hope it's clear.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    thanks silverscorpion for this useful information .
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Thanks silverscorpion for your nice information !!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    it depends on the file quality what you download :-|, if ts normal FTP transfer it doesnot matter how fast is your internet as the download is in a sequence, but as SS mentioned its streaming which might end up dropping packets and causing jitters

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

am looking 4 some topics project topics related 2 electrical and electronics..pls help...
The world's biggest & most popular social network is about to join hands with Skype - the world's leading video calling software. With this association, Facebook will be able to...
Hi!I am in computer science and i want a project topic related to 'augmented vision and reality',within the budget....our group want the budget withn Rs.12000/-.....and only have the time limit...
Today i have heard the songs of upcoming stated as the costliest movie of indian cinema "ROBOT" acted by Rajni Kant and Aishwarya Roy... The music is pity nice and...
I'm a big time Age of Empires fan. Just wondering if there are any Any Age of Empires lovers on CrazyEngineers?