Is there a unique compiler for C with UNIX as an operating system?

If the UNIX, when is allowed to run on another machine then it needs c compiler for it ,so when we install the compiler for it ,then is that a part of the system program or the part of the user program,that is when I will write my own c programs for it so will the compiler be same or different.
Majorly I wanted to know that when any thread corresponding to the compiler would be executed ,will it belong to a user thread or a kernel thread.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    radha gogia
    If the UNIX, when is allowed to run on another machine then it needs c compiler for it ,so when we install the compiler for it ,then is that a part of the system program or the part of the user program,that is when I will write my own c programs for it so will the compiler be same or different.
    Majorly I wanted to know that when any thread corresponding to the compiler would be executed ,will it belong to a user thread or a kernel thread.
    The title for your thread and the content inside completely differs, please check!
    and provide correct question.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CrazyEngineers Presents Hunt For India’s Best Academic Project ​About The Contest CrazyEngineers is on a mission to hunt for the best academic project being worked on by engineering students all...
Notice to contestants: If you have submitted your entry, you should've received a confirmation email regarding it. If you haven't received it, you can contact us at contact@crazyengineers.com Stage I...
We've 5 hoodies left from the batch ( 2 "M" size, 2 "L" size and 1 "XL" size). If anyone wants to own the hoodie; please write to store[at]crazyengineers[dot]com. Each...
Quote: Programming quantum computers is vastly different than programming conventional ones. To get a better idea of what it could be like, this article steps through the process of programming...
When designing a buildings AC system the cost of meeting current fresh air codes (well in the US) pushes the equipment design to the limit. The AC equipment gets to...