Is media too much biased?(Specially News Tv channels)

In context of private Indian News channels,
I am feeling that these news channels only interested in cricket things, showing a minor political issue to big one and some high profile crime cases, movies and shows on daily soap😨 .
I hardly see social program on social issue, giving highlight to games other than cricket.
Interview of people from the field other than politics and movies.
I am wondering if the same condition in other countries too.
what do you think?
If some one living in other country (other than India) please give your view.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    yesterday I switched on Tv to watch some news channel on NDTV, aaj tak and star news but they are showing lots of ads so I switched to DD news.
    There was news about Aditya Mehta who won Asian snooker championships and bring trophy after eight-year-long by defeating compatriot Pankaj Advani .
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    here is one more achievement by Pankaj advanin on 9th april:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    (needless to say never watched any coverage of this even)
    and there was no news I have watched on any of the private channels they are just showing IPL things and some cricketer "experts" like they are sitting in news room and decide stretegy of the game.😲

I think news channels infuence us more than a bit , in making any view about a news and happening arround the country.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Media is always biased because it's controlled by the big buck advertisers who pump in their money required to run the operations. No media can ever be 100% independent.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Media is a business, and as any business it works on the principle of profit. They only show you the news which will increase their TRP, any other news; they dont care. More viewers, more money.....who the hell cares about social issues!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    TV news is becoming old-school. Internet is the new and righteous source of authentic news.
    But then again, internet is a clutter-ful space, it is tough to decide whom to follow and whom not to.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello 😀 I request all the CEans working in some organisation or running their own startups to share their experiences here. Please share about the projects you guys work on,...
Kyle Hovey has built an 8 bit TTL (transistor-transistor logic) computer right from scratch using a book published in the late 70s, titled "Digital Computer Electronics by Albert Malvino". If...
EnglishLeap is one new startup on the horizon that aims to be the world's biggest community of people looking to learn the English language. The startup focuses on spoken English...
IIT-JEE and AIEEE - for long the gateways to India's top engineering colleges including the IITs and NITs - is all set to be replaced by a new "common" test...
My friends updated their nokia 500 with symbian belle. They said after updating with belle os touch of their phone have improved remarkably! I want to know does os also...