Is Kinetic Energy Limitless?

does kinetic energy have any upper limit its lower limit would be zero but what about upper limit??

Replies

• sksaxena
    sksaxena
    Definitely it's upper limit is also finite practically. Atleast on earth, force of friction is always an answer to your question, which retards the motion.
  • Gautami Shetty
    Gautami Shetty
    okay i get that practically v have a upper limit but what about dis case..
    If velocity of anythng is equal to velocity of light (hypothetically) which is the maximum velocity of anythng as far as i know.... Bt if that thng's mass be inc.. Den v dnt knw hw much would the k.e be...???
    And if any such thing is made is it possible to stay in earth's surface or would it escape earths gravitational field?????
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Each celestial object has an escape velocity that is defined by the gravitational field of that object. The escape velocity for earth is a small 11.2 km/sec, way below the speed of light.
    Speed Needed to Escape the Earth (Escape Velocity) - The Physics Factbook

You better read some basic physics text on the theory of relativity for your other doubts. Too long to explain here.
  • Gautami Shetty
    Gautami Shetty
    i know about escape velocity dats y i said nt practically bt what bout theorotically
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You can calculate the escape velocity for any gravitational system using Newton's Laws. Only black holes prevent any escape. It is unlikely thaat anything within a black hole has a defined mass and shape that can acquire a KE enough to escape.
  • Gautami Shetty
    Gautami Shetty
    hmmm....... that's true thanks a lot my old doubt has been cleared

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is dark matter and dark energy exactly?? I have read some where that dark matter and dark energy are interrelated Like one is used to find another is it...
Software Engineering Software Testing Database Multimedia Database Distributed Database Artificial Intelligence Robotics Bioinformatics Computer Networking Wireless Networking Computer Architecture Algorithms and Data Structures Operating Systems Information Security Theoretical Computing HI...
A European or An European? What is the correct English usage? I think there'd be a lot of confusion over this. After searching a bit online, I found out that...
The Lord of computers (Ganapati) should not neglet His original Wagon (Vahan?) for the new fangled enticement:
Russian Yandex has just taken over Microsoft's Bing to become the world's 4th largest search engine. The world's leading search engines are as follows - Google : 65.2% Baidu :...