Is IT still the hottest career path in India?

The wave of IT jobs started sometime around the end of the last century and has lasted for a long time. IT jobs became a rage in India and engineers from all the different disciplines ( civil, electrical, mechanical, chemical, mining etc.) started getting jobs in IT companies.

I wish to ask CEans about their opinion whether IT is still the hottest career path in India. Or have the mainstreem 'core engineering' jobs are becoming more popular day by day? What's your take?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Not exactly We are able to see a dip in the number of intakes from colleges into top IT companies

And also a craze of higher studies is the talk of the hour where we find most of our seniors preferring to finish their higher studies than to work in IT sector

Finally my class mates are all in the mind of working in a Core company to an IT firm in India
  • lal
    lal
    Its the core that is heating up now. IT is slowly becoming un-attractive for enginners from other trade. Most of my classmates and college mates are interested with core engineering jobs rather than IT. The tide is subsiding i guess.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Most of the times, IT jobs are adopted not by choice but due to fear of staying jobless. That's all... Who wants to sit in front of computer with a BA graduate side-by, when they spent 4 years between the motors and circuits having genuine passion for core fields.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well, there are plenty of posts in "entrepreneurship" section that I would like to access anytime I want, I hate searching 'em again & again. So, how about having an...
Hello all, i want to interface a bluetooth module with lpc 2148. i am much familiar with c programing with lpc 2148. but dont know anything about bluetooth n AT...
i want to join in mtech in private college so i want the latest fee structure to mtech......?
bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😀 just an idea ....we the future technololgists , why can't we find something new which wasn't found by any one in this world.we all would join together and do...
hai guys plz help me on this topic i want notes for the same any M.E graduates from PED plz respond? thanks in advance