Is it really dangerous to share your kick-ass business idea with others?

Over the last 4 years, I've met many wannabe entrepreneurs who told me that they have a great earth-shattering idea. But did not know how/where to start.

When I asked them what their idea is, they refused to share it. Of course I understand that they feared that I'd steal their idea and become the next Bill G. 😛

Let me tell you a secret: Your idea already popped up in my mind... and so many other minds. But its never about 'idea'. Its all about execution!

There are lot of talented individuals out there who have great product/service idea that can change many lives; but they never execute that idea. An idea it worthless unless its executed. It's not a rocket-great idea to share videos online; but the YouTube founders were the people were to execute it first, and right. That's why they became millionaires!

So if you have an idea, share it with people who can help you. Remember its all about execution, not just idea.

What do you think?

Replies

• kunaljd
    kunaljd
    absolutely right.....there are thousands of idea in every mind but executed ideas are very few..
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    very right biggie.....
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    You are abolutely right Biggie,

But I want to say one example:

One day, some add agency people and a small IT company people came to our college. They just conducted a small competetion. i.e They will ask a question or a problem. we will answer them with some ideas or solutions (up to our knowledge). They will note it down our ideas and present some small gifts to us.

I asked one man among them that what are you going to do with this? and what is the use for you to conducting this competetion? Is it to hire good people? Then he said to me frankly that the questions they asked are all their clients requests and they are going to implement the best solution of the given answers. We cant implement our ideas now since we are still students. This is very bad on their part.

What do you say guys with this example?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    @pallavi this is quite similar to open source technology in a different way ie they are taking ideas from individuals without giving any credit .It's all about buisness? by they way did they give you any project to work?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    No project and nothing! By giving small small gifts to us, they taken our ideas.

By seeing all these, how can we share our ideas with others?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Pallavi: That's right, the experience you shared actually supports what I said : Its all about execution!

Those people collected ideas from you and execute them - so they will be the ones who will benefit.

I wonder what stops students from executing their own ideas? Even Yahoo & Google were started by students which are now big corporations. Facebook, the modern social networking giant, was started by a student.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    @Pallavi: That's right, the experience you shared actually supports what I said : Its all about execution!

Those people collected ideas from you and execute them - so they will be the ones who will benefit.

I wonder what stops students from executing their own ideas? Even Yahoo & Google were started by students which are now big corporations. Facebook, the modern social networking giant, was started by a student.
    you are right Biggie! But we, the under graduating students can implement ourselves? Its difficult I think, we don't have that much of knowledge compared to P.G students or P.HD students.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    OK I agree with you Biggie! we can implement them if possible!

And in that situation what I said previously, is it right to express our ideas with others?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sahithi pallavi
    you are right Biggie! But we, the under graduating students can implement ourselves? Its difficult I think, we don't have that much of knowledge compared to P.G students or P.HD students.
    Only you can tell what you can implement. Its far better than working in software IT/Services industry where you will be given everything ready-made and your job will be to code. I doubt how many will actually 'design' a software or get a chance to 'create' on your own.

Have you read our Small Talks? How Gmail was created? Mr. Paul Buccheit was working on a project which he had named Gmail (all, on his own).

...remember engineers are meant to solve the problems and the world is full of problems.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    you are right Biggie!

ya! I read about Mr. Paul Buccheit. Great of him.

yes, Engineers are there to solve the problems.

Thanks for your inspirational reply.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just hope to see more engineers turning into entrepreneurs than taking up run of the mill jobs.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    If it happens, Engineers can rule the world Biggie! And self entrepreneurship is much much better than working under someone.

I just hope to see more engineers turning into entrepreneurs than taking up run of the mill jobs.
    yes, just like you I think.
  • Vega
    Vega
    I don't think it's dengerous. 'You steal an idea and you start a business' It's not that easy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai friends,i need some help regarding this topic "mobile controlled home appliances"
Hey all, i have a slight problem with my code. I have a database in access called Suppliers, which has two tables-Suplier_Master and Supplier_Accounts, in which i want to perform...
Hi, I am Siva Kumar from Chengalpat, a town in Tamilnadu, India. I found this site in Google. I am second year student doing Information Technology. I hope this site...
can i determine that in which direction an IR emitter has been placed by using a IR sensor???
This section is for all the CEans (Final year students)who don't have a job yet. I wish to know what alternate plan have you thought of? Share your thoughts, ideas...