Is it possible to change from Development to Testing.

Hi All,
I have 4+ years of experience in Development(Microsoft Technologies). Now, I would like to change from Development to Testing. Is it possible to do so? If yes, then how can I show case my self as a tester and how to apply for new jobs in terms of testing as I have experience in development. Will they count my previous experience.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The answer depends on how your manager thinks you are, I dont say this is a easy move. But if you are moved into testing now you will be a fresher in testing and you will be paid way higher than others with similar experience.

So Mostly people donot prefer it, but its not impossible.

Answer few questions for me,

Why do you want to move into testing?
    If you are working on Microsoft technologies, what exactly they are? Do you know Visual Studio?
    What part of testing you are interested into ? Manual or Automation?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A developer getting into software testing is quite an interesting move. You may build up your case as an ideal fit for automation testing. With your background in software development, you will be easily able to grasp software testing. I don't think it will be a tough move though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The event BarBot 2013, part of Bay Area Science week, had accommodated world's greatest robot bartenders in the two-night exhibition that took place in downtown San Francisco. With the reception...
Sweden-based agency People People has designed a stylishly minimalistic bicycle 'Spiran' that carries the nostalgia of old messenger bikes. Built on the popular Kronan model, the bicycle features a lightweight...
Volkwagen, the European car manufacturer, has launched the all new Jetta in India with a bag full of new features. The New Volkswagen Jetta is available in two engine options...
Google has launched its new smartphone the Nexus 5 worldwide and we now have the official tech specs and features list along with the price in India details. With the...
Hurricane Sandy rendered many people powerless. In order to prepare people for the next power crisis, a Brooklyn-based designer Chris Hackett is teaching you to build your own homemade generator,...