Is it necessary to use copyrighted software?

I’ve always seen news and also the law about the copyright. Do you think is necessary to use copyrighted software?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Linda.LY
    I’ve always seen news and also the law about the copyright. Do you think is necessary to use copyrighted software?
    Well, any software will be copyrighted in one or the other way. If you're talking about commercial software; then there are open source, free alternatives to almost every commercial software out there!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Linda.LY
    Software copyright is used by companies to prevent the unauthorized copying of their software.

So this discussion comes down to whether to support piracy or not.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Linda.LY
    Yep. Considering you are a product design engineer, you have to use copyrighted software. These software comes in modules. Each module costs around $3000-$4000.
  • Linda.LY
    Linda.LY
    The_Big_K
    Well, any software will be copyrighted in one or the other way. If you're talking about commercial software; then there are open source, free alternatives to almost every commercial software out there!
    It's true that there are free software, the problems is there are some limitations. Usually, for commercial use software, it's not good enough compared to the paid one. For example, I've ever downloaded a free software to send mass mail, but it can only send 50 mails per day.
  • Linda.LY
    Linda.LY
    Issue
    Yep. Considering you are a product design engineer, you have to use copyrighted software. These software comes in modules. Each module costs around $3000-$4000.
    I like copyrighted software, but is too expensive. If there is no crackdown to piracy software, I'd rather use pirated software.😀
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Linda.LY
    It's true that there are free software, the problems is there are some limitations. Usually, for commercial use software, it's not good enough compared to the paid one. For example, I've ever downloaded a free software to send mass mail, but it can only send 50 mails per day.
    There are for sure, many alternates to commercial software and are also better than commercial one! Check out Netbeans vs. Dreamweaver... See which has the most features!!! 😀
  • Linda.LY
    Linda.LY
    I know Dreamweaver is a kind of software for making websites(html/htm). But I haven't used it since my work don't relate it. But I'm interested in making webs for fun now. I'm wondering does it is open source? I mean for free?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Linda.LY
    I know Dreamweaver is a kind of software for making websites(html/htm). But I haven't used it since my work don't relate it. But I'm interested in making webs for fun now. I'm wondering does it is open source? I mean for free?
    Dreamweaver is not an open source software, but Eclipse and Netbeans are... You can use them to make great looking websites... 😀
  • Linda.LY
    Linda.LY
    Really thank you for your information. I'll try!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone oef u tell me what was the myth related to Y2K virus and what kind of virus it was?
According to a news post on Times Of India, Google and Facebook have said that they've removed all the objectionable content from their websites. The companies have removed the objectionable...
A lot of my friends, from the non computer discipline have joined and now settled in the IT field as software developers, consultants and software QA engineers. If your story...
plz anyone tell me the best deemed universities or colleges which take direct admission in M.TECH. without any boundations of gate score card......
I am confused which welding method (MIG / TIG) to use with chromoly 4130?? Plz help me ....