IS it mandatory for Mukesh ambani to know everything about his company?

Few days ago ,I was giving presentation on my new website that will be a ecommerce website in my class.

Then I was not able to answer some queries of my class teacher

She asked me about my marketing strategies ,and how will i make profit from this?

Then i told that i have just developed this website ,i don't know what will be the strategies and what will be profits from this?

As i had also told her that it will be joint venture and my partners will handle this part

then she said that you know Mukesh Ambani should know everything about his company

First of all i was think how mukesh comes here? and after thinking for few seconds ,i answer her calmly "but mam i am not Mukesh Ambani."

You might be laugh now ,there was nothing that came to my mind at this time.

Guys i don't know what should be my answer at that time?

what do you think in corporate world people at high positions say CEO or MD knows everything about what is happening in their company?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I don't think it is possible for a business man (especially when he's company is as big as Ambani's) to have total control over all the modules in his/her company.

What are hierarchical structures in a traditional company for? A management team reports a senior management team and they in turn report a more senior management. A CEO has to keep a watch if everything is executing properly or not.

PS: I remember an old saying, "To sit and do nothing, you have to be at the top" :razz: Just kidding.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If I'd been in your place, I'd simply ignore her questions. She obviously does not know how big corporates work. She might have thought that you're working out a business plan with your website and asked you about your marketing strategy.

Many web based startups once had no marketing strategy, no business plan and the list includes Twitter, Google, Yahoo. They focused on building great products and then worked out a marketing strategy around it.

In a big corporate company, there will be multiple leaders to handle different responsibilities. The head of the company (CEO, Managing Director) will have to be 'aware' of what's going on his company - but not necessarily know the minute details. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    I agree with you Admin.
    The web based startups may have some marketing strategy but all the members of the team don't need to know them. It would be fine if every individual of the team is handling his/her part well. Thats it.
    I think this is the main objective of creating departments in an organizations, isn't it..?๐Ÿ˜‰

AKD: That mam of ours claims to an MBA with marketing strategy as her specialization. ๐Ÿ˜•

Manish: No worries buddy. You were absolutely right at your place. And you know she decided to take a combine tutorial the next day only because our whole class went against her opinion in the end to support you. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hm I think to some extent the problem was with me also .i was not able to clarify her.actually students questions were confusing me so much

Especially the first question of our class teacher that will you work as a commission agent?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Switch on the TV and all you get to see is ADs! ๐Ÿ˜• Most of those ads are pathetic (made by some idiot management guys) Use this space to share...
Summer is here or going to be here in most parts of India. Where I live, it sometimes get to 50 degree Celsius. So, give & take a few technical...
Movie buffs all around the world have a set of movies they don't mind watching multiple times. What's on your list?
[video=youtube;PjY-8FN1myU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjY-8FN1myU[/video] The project is really simple to make. Moreover it avoids unnecessary drilling in your house and saves a lot of space. Is anyone trying it out? Source: Found this...
Following video lecture by Prof. K. Radhakrishna Rao from Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Madras focuses on 'Current Mirrors' which form the basic building blocks in Analogue ICs. Feel free...