Is it crazy idea to return to engineering after 10 years?

I'm a structural engineer but I've been out of the profession for 10 years. Is it just a crazy idea to return to engineering? (I'm in finance/controlling, earning Ok but it's not about the money!)

seb

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moving the thread to Careers section. I believe it's never too late to return to engineering. However, it could be a challenge to find a suitable job. Are you trying to make a switch in the job in the same company or a new company?
  • seb
    seb
    New company. I'm Ok with apprentice type position in the beginning - at least to find out if this is not totally harebrained idea. I'd actually prefer smallish environment. My finances are covered for the next 12 months anyway.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    seb
    New company. I'm Ok with apprentice type position in the beginning - at least to find out if this is not totally harebrained idea. I'd actually prefer smallish environment. My finances are covered for the next 12 months anyway.
    I'd say, go for it! I had similar strategy when I started in the field of entrepreneurship. Did some math, got my finances covered for 8 months and took the plunge. It's actually a very good idea to make a switch to a smaller company (startup, preferably).

Keep us posted 😀 .
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey nice tell us the date when it is starting
    i am excited by listening to it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hero Octane Recra 26T is 21 speed bike by Hero Cycles - the largest manufacturers of bikes in the world. If you're looking to buy this bicycle, take a look...
Sometimes, we need to be reminded of the things we've forgotten. The following movie does the same. Check it out - flickspire - Life is like Coffee Movie Share your...
Yahoo Mail Beta is now available for everyone. If you wish to try it out, head over to following URL: Yahoo! Mail . I've tried it and it looks cooler,...
In what format should be the input to the micro controller be? Whether analog or digital or discrete? decimel, or binary or hexadecimel? Ex. How can the output from the...
Cyber-D's Autodelete File Size: 1839 Cyber-D's Autodelete is a great way to keep your various folders free of information that you don't need anymore. Use this app to select folders...