Is Google Building Skype Killer?

TC Report: Google Testing Google Voice Desktop App Internally • TechCrunch

TechCrunch, the leading blog on Technology and Startups in Silicon Vally has reported that Google is testing a desktop application for Google Voice. Last year, Google acquired Skype Competitor Gizmo5.

Google's Dekstop Application for Google Voice will enable people make and receive calls right from their Desktop. Google Voice assigns a Google Number to actual mobile phone numbers through which calls can be made or received.

The product is expected to launch very soon, maybe in next few weeks. Do you look forward to this application from Google? I'd rather be happy with Skype.

Moreover, as far as I know, the Google Voice service is only available in US only.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    I dont know. I just like GTLAK and GMAIl and search engine. apart from that , I did not use much of google applications. Everytime a new Google's application comes up, it's hyped as ' something-killer' , even buzz was same, wave was same , but I did not see so.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Durga: I agree with you. Except Google Search, Gmail, Adwords/Adsense and Maps most of Google's apps didn't live longer. But Google's got lot of cash to keep funding new innovative projects. Buzz and Wave were complete failures.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    As far the trend is going on google now wants to be top in every areas where it can exist.so we can see a lot more new experiments from their side 😀
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I guess Gtalk already has that option of voice. But it can not make calls to land line and mobile numbers. In any case, I dont know if it is the hype product. I dont think it can be. But you never know, Google has all the money to create the hype, you see 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1) Why do we use Park's tranformation technique; why any other techniques might not be beneficial? 2) Why do the graphs of currents ids iqs idr and iqr rise rapidly...
icehariokay, this is an study that combines controllers,automation,process control,instrumentation and many more.. Basic instrumentation and control eng is a study about the process control industry.. there are lot to explain.....
I'm IT fresher. I want fresher resume template to apply for companies..Anybody can give the link
Is there any jobs related to applied electronics & instrumentaion engineering?????plz suggest me.........
I normally seen that all windows are attached with a name NT... Can anybody tell that in WINDOWS NT for what NT stands for??