Is Galaxy Note II Android 4.3 Update Rolling Out In India?

I've been reading on the social media and a few blogs that Samsung has began rolling out Android 4.3 firmware upgrade and India's one of the first countries to receive it. I checked OTA updates and also through the latest version of Kies; but my device shows no update. Wondering if the case is same for everyone. Note II owners from India may please check whether the update is being rolled out and report here.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Seems like Samsung has delayed Software update for 4.3, intentionally.
    They seems to be planning for 4.4 Kitkat. Just incase if you get Firmware upgrade & Kernel gets upgraded to 3.8, then it's confirmed that next Software update will be Kitkat.
    So, keep your eyes locked to Kernel version 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Privacy Guard is major upgrade in 4.3 which prevent apps to access your private data (contacts, messages).
    This was major concern for privacy and phishing software.
    If you observe the improvement and new things being added to Android and Google apps from Gingerbread to 4.3,
    IMO this is very consistent and they are listening the open source developers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Some interesting update here. It looks like some of the Samsung Service Centers in India are offering Android 4.3 update to Note II users. Sammobile has reported that one of the Indian Galaxy Note II owners was able to get his phone updated with the latest firmware. It's also being said that the firmware will officially arrive latest by the first week of December.

That said, you can be absolutely sure that the much awaited firmware upgrade is now just around the corner. The wait is (almost) over.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just went through this! 😀 The report from Sammobile also adds that the build number of the firmware update is N7100XXUEMJ9, with a build date marked as October 31.

The OTA update is coming!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers have successfully developed an acoustic system capable of detecting home-made explosives & bombs. The main advantage of the new system is that the bombs can be detected from a...
If humans ever decide to settle on the moon; they'd definitely need oxygen, water & a high-speed Internet connection. Looks like the problem of having a high-speed Internet connection on...
Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak says that the's not impressed with the new iPad Air. Instead of the specs upgrade; he'd have loved to see an iPad with higher storage capacity....
Around six months back, I posted this thread on my hdd problem. I couldn't find solution for that, so I bought another new HD & was not using failed HD....
hi frienz i am showing a screenshot of facebook page can anyone tell me what is the meaning of the symbol marked in red ?