Is doing it with mirrors a good idea for shopping?

Current technology can make virtual dressing rooms a reality. One can try different out fits on images in a mirror without hiding in a cramped trial cubicle without the hassle of having to actually change. Ultimately it may be possible to do this from the home itself.
Is this a good thing or a live buying experience is itself an attraction?

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    awesome... no need to goto trial room at all.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    For this to really work won't the program have to scan you naked first? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜•
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CE Designer
    For this to really work won't the program have to scan you naked first? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜•
    Apparently the mirrors do an intelligent analysis of the image to get body measurements. Beyond me how that can be done.
    We may next get an app for the iPhone that will show (God forbid) the inside story of all that the camera sees!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    CE Designer
    ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

No buddy, being naked for taking mesurement isn't neccessary.
    Have you seen the video of making of Avatar movie. camera can take mesurement of body using pin points.
    One more option to achieve this , infrared sensor. remember few years ago, there was controversy over these type of sensors which was installed on US airports .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Everyone knows that the whole education section in India and if I'm right; in the world world, has become a pure business where more importance is given to picking out...
Given the ever growing engineering college fees, engineering education is costlier than ever. I wonder how many of student CEans are funding their own education and not relying on parent's...
This is a restaurant that is almost literally out of the world! It blends so well with the surroundings as to be almost invisible. https://www.worldbuildingsdirectory.com/project.cfm?id=1701
Hi all,m My name is vaibhav currently doing job in one Infosec firm as a system admin. I want to go in Information Security Field....now with the job of system...
How to create ADC in WINDOWS SERVER 2008 & how it work? what we have is two domain controller. Primary (PDC) and additional (ADC) domain controller. but suppose for some...