Is Dhoni India's greatest captain?

A topic that has been in discussion ever since India became the World Champion of cricket a couple of days ago. Dhoni has led the team from the front during the finals of the Cricket World Cup, shown strong resilience throughout the series, backed his team during their failures and most important of all, remained cool and lead well when in need. Having won almost all major tournaments and having the team ranked 1 in Test cricket and possibly now in ODIs too, he has achieved under him, a lot that many other former captains could not.

Sourav Ganguly on other hand became the captain at a very troubled time. Half the team that we have today was hand picked by him and nurtured all the way. He had great aggression, created ' the great Indian huddle', showed great leadership skills and always stood by his players during their rough patches. Do not forget that in 2003 the Australian team was at its peak(now, it is only a remnant of what it was then ) and we lost only to them while formidably making way against all other teams(including the good RSA team). He too has important wins under his belt like the series wins against Pakistan and the great Aussies.

The question is, who do you think is the better leader? Is it Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly or any of the other former captains?

What is your take on it ?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Although Dhoni lead the team who win the Worldcup but i am still in favour of Saurav Ganguly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi frnzz.i completed my second year electrical and electronic engineering .i want to go for an in plant training .This is first time for me.I dono how to communicate with...
[FONT="]Kyrion Digital Securities [/FONT][FONT="]is an[/FONT][FONT="] IIT Alumni initiative. They aim to impart technical training to students and professionals. Training areas are: [/FONT][FONT="]IISCon – Certified Information Security Professional[/FONT] [FONT="]Kyrion Ethical Hacking...
please help me i'm completing my mechanical engineering by 2 months i want to use my holidays in an esteemed industrial companies in allover tamil nadu and kerala, bangalore will...
Fundamentals of Engineering Mechanics by Prof.U.S.Dixit, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in this discussion thread- [video=youtube;6nguX-cEsvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nguX-cEsvw[/video]
Equations of equilibrium tutorial on Engineering Mechanics by Prof.U.S.Dixit, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in this discussion thread -...