1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

is baseline wandering associated with emg and eeg also??

Question asked by Shirani Vijai in #Brainy Puzzles #Career Help #Campus Placements on Apr 2, 2020
Shirani Vijai
Shirani Vijai · Apr 2, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

since eeg also has a frequency of .5Hz

Posted in: #Brainy Puzzles #Career Help #Campus Placements
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Apr 2, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Baseline wander artifacts are common in various biomedical signals. Various methods are used to remove them.

https://scholar.google.co.in/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=baseline+wandering+in+eeg&btnG=

Shirani Vijai
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

thanks for the answer. what about emg signals? do they also have baseline wandering? if yes please give reason

Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Apr 2, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

All animal or human biomedical signals are small amplitude ones from sources with high and variable impedance even during the course of one test. The animal or human subject is poorly grounded. The vagaries of the line power supply adds another dimension.

I was a volunteer for some brain research project recently, which required my gamma waves to be monitored with different stimuli. Some sixty electrodes were attached to my scalp, head immobilised and recording started with various stimuli appearing on the screen in front. Nothing was recorded after more than two hours of frustrating tests.

Finally the issue was traced to some floor polishing equipment working two or three floors above the test room. The electrical noise conducted back into the supply voltage by the highly variable load of the machines completely wiped out the small gamma wave signals.

We had to repeat this test on a holiday when the machines were idle.

One of the major issues with developing such signal processing is to develop appropriate algorithms for such artefact removal.

EMG should be no exception.

Shirani Vijai
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

Thank you!!! I am sure about  baseline wandering interference eeg ecg emg and also thanks again for the explanation

Shirani Vijai
Shirani Vijai · Apr 21, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

can anyone explain lms algorithm? and also why is it better thn using weiner optimal filter? please explain lms algorithm

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up