Is Automation A Prime Reason Behind Unemployment In India ?

With the advancement in the technology, almost all companies are preferring Automatic machines than the human resources (more specifically workers). Humans don't have 100% productivity while robots(machines) gives 100% desired output at the desired time, due to which companies are replacing the workers with the automatic machines.
Which is resulting in the unemployement, I have noticed many cases where as the technology upgrades the workers are fired as they're no longer as productive as robots.

Do you think, Automation is the prime reason behind unemployement in India ?
What do you prefer, Automatic machines or Human resources in your lab/factory ?
Share your thoughts, CEans.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Automation has reduced Unskilled labour a lot

But A great demand for skilled labour is present all around the world and so I am not sure whether automation is the cause of unemployment

Automation demands a large amount of back end workers rather than on the field workers

SO there is no deterioration in the demand for labourers due to automation
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Doing everything by human and going against automating everything. Don't we want to go towards the developed country??

Why don't we take it like, probably a automatic machine has replaced human, but same human can be trained and employed in making that machine, Right?

-CB
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    No. The lack of knowledge or skill, I believe, is the right reason for unemployability in INDIA. Anyone with knowledge or some sort of skill gets a job in India. If not, then it's time unemployed people looked for alternate fields of work - like driving autorickshaws or farming. Every job has its own share of responsibilities. Even a 12th standard pass-out with knowledge of computers and English language is capable of getting a job in a call center or as a data-entry operator. Of-course the salary won't be high, but that's employment too!

I've seen people in Government offices who sit ideally and take salary at the end of every month. There's a lot of corruption and bribery taking place as well. These people should be searched for and kicked out and eligible candidates should be given those posts.

Unemployment among ENGINEERS IN INDIA is due to lack of infrastructure and opportunities in certain areas of engineering. Here the survival of the fittest takes place. Only then can the nation turn developed. The others who are still unemployed should also try to attain the necessary skills/certifications that'd enable them to get better placements, and push themselves everyday to achieve their goals.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Not knowing, what to do is major reason of Unemployment.
    Fact , it's a nuclear blast of youth in India, they have to know what they are upto they can't wait for graduation then think,ok we do this.

In 99%, 20 year old student only knows about job/future work is what their parents, relatives knows.
    Education system drastically needs to be modified and let the students knows about their ability after 14-15 years.
    Current system only force students to mug for 10 hours a day.
    Kids being thrown in schools right after 3 years which is stopping them to knows what they are meant to be.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I think that the reason behind the unemployment is because we dont produce employable graduates.The root of the problem is with the syllabus,administration of colleges.As the fellow CEan quoted , We dont teach depth in subject and we dont encourage creativity.
    Many schools ask for exact word from book to be a correct answer.
    It forces students to mug the answer and it gives little time for thinking or imagination.As Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam said , Imagination is the root of innovation.

My view: When i start a company I prefer working along with peoples rather than robots.But many owners use Robots to increase the productivity,Precision,time availability.
  • mail154
    mail154
    unskilled'ness is the reason
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    mail154
    unskilled'ness is the reason
    Well some job needs unskilled labour I am not sure whether that can be one reason for this trend setting in recent times

But in automation sector skilled labour is predominant than that of unskilled labour
  • priyesh_kolte
    priyesh_kolte
    I think background for this is more Psychological than technical. With population like ours we can't rely on technologies from western countries. Because those machines are designed in places where they wont have enough man power. On the contrary we have huge manpower to be used. Unemployment comes with weak business strategies. I think best way of reducing unemployment is to invest huge assets in technical research which done by our scientists who clearly understands the local problems. We should come up with solution and automation technology which will deal with our local problems. We also must encourage the use of manpower where we can implement it instead of only insisting for automation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

whats the basic difference between LIN, FlexRay,CAN,and TTCAN.and where they can implemented
Indian auto blog has released the official sketches of the rear and front view of Nissan Terrano . Nisaan has definitely worked on the model and to be true it...
hi frnz can any one tell me about how to make connection taking the main line from the home to directly to transformer??
hi friends can u please guide me where i could get the theoretical bits on thyristor......
I have been working in a small company in chandigarh. I have 1 year of experience in software testing. I am willing to switch the company in a good company....