CrazyEngineers V4: Early Access

We are developing the next version of CrazyEngineers. If you wish to receive latest updates and early access, click the link below.

1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Is anyone able to help?!

Question asked by Anna Mitchell in #Mechanical on Mar 4, 2021
Anna Mitchell
Anna Mitchell · Mar 4, 2021
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

I am a final year product design student and desperately need advice on how the internal technical aspects of my product will work! It is a skincare (face only) dispenser with 5 individual 100 ml tubes that house the liquids. I imagine each tube will need a pump and motor to push a pre-determined volume of the liquid out of the nozzle into the users hand. The user will be able to select the product they require and when they put their hand under the automatic sensor, the product they have selected will be dispensed once into their hand. I hope this makes sense. I am not an engineer/mechanics/electronics student so I really am just trying to understand the basics or if anyone could offer some advice/direction I could take that would be amazing. 

Posted in: #Mechanical
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Mar 5, 2021
Rank A1 - PRO

Please consider a syringe pump operated by a solenoid and a ratchet mechanism.

Fill five such syringes and fix these side by side, each with its own delivery nozzle. Each station can have an indicator lamp to show which station has been chosen. Once a choice is made and payment (if applicable) is made the corresponding lamp will glow. When the hand is put under the nozzle the sensor will activate the solenoid/ratchet mechanism and deliver the prefixed volume. Everything is reset after the delivery. The solenoid returns to starting point with a spring and is ready for the next shot.

Limit switches can be used to alert when a station needs refill.

The entire system can even be made fully hand operated by using a lever operated ratchet drive avoiding all electronics. 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up