IRNSS-1A: India's own navigation satellite.

Hello everyone,
I would like to share some good news with you all.
On July 1 2013, India launches first navigational satellite of Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System (IRNSS) series.
Now India will have its own navigational system which is very much similar to GPS.
Main purpose of this system is to provide Navigation and Surveillance facility.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : We did cover that update in depth : IRNSS 1A - India's First Navigational Satellite Is Ready For July 01 Take-Off
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I heard there will be series of about 7 satellite launch which will make the location of stuff really cool in India

They are also planning to set up a local server to manage the data tx by the Satellites

Yet to get hold of more data Waiting for a friend of mine to show his face here #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Am sure most of you folks would have already experimented with smartphones. Some of you may have even gone crazy enough to keep switching them in the hunt for the...
I am working on a project where I have to develop a automatic web based subjective test evaluation system I have few ideas like word by word match but doesn't...
The latest phone ZTE Open went for sale on 2nd July 2013 which runs on Firefox OS developed by the Mozilla Foundation,a Non-profit company for developers & users.Mozilla has joined...
After the evolution of internet (especially social networking & chatting application) , We have seen the worst changes in the way English or anyother language been spoken. There used to...
​ Shrishti Asthana, a class XI student from Chandigarh, Punjab has made it to the finals of the Google Science Fair 2013. Her project titled “Solar Light Assisted nanoZnO Photo...