IRCTC Shopping Website - shop.irctc.co.in Is Live

Recently IRCTC Next Generation eTicketing Systemhave stepped themselves in online shopping known as "#-Link-Snipped-#" by, Extends their hand for shopping while booking tickets now people won't say the website is slow while in shopping. There is redirect page from IRCTC webpage site to IRCTC's online shopping site

upload_2013-8-27_22-38-54

Which makes it very easy to access while in waiting for the ticket booking there are lot of shipping partners like FEDx, Bluedart,etc..

ship

after shopping no need to worry about the payment or delivery of the product, hand-full options are also avail either COD or Internet Banking or Visa or EMI..etc..

pay

and the service is available in all parts of India and transactions are secure by GEO TRUST, VERIFIED by VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS, MASTERCARD too.. i think product will be of quality one..

upload_2013-8-27_22-38-31

Now the Flipkart, Amazon, other Online shopping sites.. have a Competitor

Share your experience in IRCTC SHOPPING.

Source #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Quite interesting to hear but the question is can IRCTC 's online shopping gather customers?
    May be it will be correct to say after a shopping experience.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, this isn't exactly a startup - but Yebhi.com, one of the startups in the Indian eCommerce scene, has began powering shop.irctc.co.in. IRCTC, for your kind information, continues to be the biggest eCommerce site in India handling literally lakhs of transactions every day. Yebhi won the deal to power the shop from IRCTC back in July. It's a Rs. 1000 crore project which Yebhi won by bidding.

As a part of the contract, Yebhi will be responsible for building and managing the platform for IRCTC. You may ask why this deal matters? Well, because of the 'scale'! IRCTC, which is already accepting train reservations and flight reservations has over 2 crore registered users, which is just 2X that of Flipkart.

The main game changer will be the customer service and quick delivery of the ordered goods - which has emerged to be a deciding factor in the success of online commerce in India. Serving lakhs of orders daily isn't going to be easy and offering customer service is going to be quite a job. We hope Yebhi is prepared for it.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I will surf this place and order something so that we get to review it. But I dont think there was any reason to launch this. IRCTC already is into a hefty business of ticketing and booking and I dont think launching an e commerce portal will do much of good.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering if there's any reason not to buy the Kindle Paperwhite. The price point, Rs. 10,999 looks attractive and the devices comes with wireless, paperwhite display, better resolution than...
Every entrepreneur in the world has to face criticism - at the idea stage, at the 'startup' stage and even when the startup grows into a successful business. The thing...
Robotics is one of my favorite topics. Though I didn't get a chance to study the domain, I never skip any update on robots and machines. I wonder what'd be...
Hewlett packard (HP) the name almost synonymous with laptops and desktop computers in India has announced two new machines for Indian professionals - the HP Elitebook Revolve 810 and the...
What is the career growth as a software tester in networking company?