IPv6 - The Future of Internet of Things (IoT)

Quote:
With IPv6, the Internet is positioned for the future, where connected devices are not just computers, but also machines (sensors, actuators, controllers) interacting directly with other machines, without human intervention, on a broad scale over the Internet—the Internet of Things (IoT). The immense number of IP addresses lays the foundation to realize billions of connected devices. Yet another significant challenge remains: these billions of devices need to be powered and to communicate. For mobile application, such as seamless cold chain monitoring, powering with cables is impossible, and batteries require monitoring and replacement. Energy harvesting is rapidly becoming recognized as an essential ingredient to overcome this obstacle, a perfect catalyst to the Internet of Things.
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Guys, I just want you to suggest a project topic in structural engineeing. I am currently pursuing my dual degree in civil (structural engineering).
Hyundai Motors India Limited (HMIL) has launched the new 1.0 litre Kappa engine variant of its car - Hyundai Eon in India. The Euro-5 ready petrol engine is now made...
what is the formula to calculate the timer overflow period for pic16f877a. can anyone help me i need to creat a delay of 1ms using timer in my project
how can we create a delay of 1ms in pic16f877a using timer1. what is the formula used for calculation
Hi, im looking to do MS in Financial management/operations management. I have got a call from IIT-M. Can someone please suggest some topics I can start with.