iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus - Price, Specs And Features Unveiled At Grand Launch

Apple has finally unveiled the much awaited, much hyped and much rumoured smartphone - the iPhone 6 in a special “Wish We Would Tell More” conference at Cupertino, California. Tim Cook took over the stage at 10PM IST and announced that the company is pleased to unveil the biggest advancement in the iPhone. Then came the big announcement of devices called iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. With improved design, iPhone 6 has 4.7” display while other model features a large 5.5” display.

iPhone6_models
iPhone_landscape iOS8 ApplePay

Adding much beauty to devices, both the models have new retina HD display with ion-strengthened glass. iPhone has resolution of 1334 by 750 with 326ppi whereas cousin iPhone 6 Plus has an edge over it with resolution of 1920 by 1080 and 401ppi. Comparing with iPhone 5S, both of the new models are thinner and curvy from the corners. iPhone 6 Plus has a new landscape functionality which lets user to have different orientation with even larger keyboard to type and a perfect screen for movies.

Talking about connectivity, new Apple devices support over 200 LTE carriers worldwide and more LTE bands than any other phone for better roaming. The company also claims that it is the faster than iPhone 5S. Users can also enjoy Voice over LTE (VoLTE) with few of the top carriers.

Now coming to camera, iPhone 6 come with 8MP iSight camera with 2.2/f aperture with an all-new sensor for faster and better focus. While presenting, Phil Schiller explained that iPhone has replaced the point-and-shoot camera and it’s time for video camera. Last and the most important, both the latest devices come with iOS 8 with features like adding voice, video and location to any message, new health app for a detailed look at your fitness data, notification extension and brand new Apple Pay. iPhone 6 would cost $199, $299 and $399 for 16GB, 32GB and 128GB respectively on a two-year contract. iPhone 6 Plus is priced at $299, $399, $499 for 16GB, 64GB and 128GB versions respectively.

Both the models would be available from September 19 in US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Here comes the most awaited phone of the year.

With iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Apple had moved into the bigger screens territory. Unlike series of 4-4s-5-5s-5c.... this time Apple has came with a phone which is bit different than predecessors. The new phones will have a pretty powerful processor - The 64-bit CPU architecture-based A8 processor is expected to be 20% faster in application processing and 50% faster in rendering graphics compared to its predecessor.

The phone is pretty thick iPhone 6 and 6Plus are respectively 6.8 and 7.1 thin; much thinner than old iPhones (though still not the thinnest as the title still remains with Gionee Elife S5.5 India Launch Happens - All You Need To Know).

The expected price for unlock version is expected to be 40000 / 45000 respectively.

Million dollar question would be when Indian would get the first chance to have a glimpse of it? If soon, are you all game for it?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Rajni Jain
    Here comes the most awaited phone of the year.
    Certainly not, Phone of year should go to Xiomi Mi3.
    and here you can buy Apple Nexus 4 and Apple Note 3 in 50K 😁.
    For today Note4 has the best spec.
    And for those who say QHD is waste please see this have some research.
    Unless you can give 7+ MP in 2 degree of vision, it's not wasted.
    see at 6:14.
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For the first time, they got the screen size right. 5.5" FTW! Now I can think of switching to iPhone. But that's step #2. Step #1 is getting filthy rich.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Could always look at what Samsung released 2 years ago (minus ARM64), should get you all the info of the current Apple release. I guess it's 2012 for Apple.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    This infographic that I found on Twitter makes sense
    Twitter
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    And now all "super excited Apple fans" would line up in front of stores destroying their sleep. 😴
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Its all the same oldies. Its just that it is slim and have a good design.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    A leading tech magazine.. 👎
    vergez
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# The second review comes after the market has gotten used to having/using the over-sized phones for quite some time now.

I get your point though. 😀

Remember the saying? - "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you and then you win!" 😁
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Looks like most of the people here are not liking it. I am not a Apple fan, but you can't ignore the innovation and energy they bring in their products. Particularly the camera and the health app. And don't forget the graphics and resolution the new A8 supports! Apple pay is a good idea too, though it won't be much of a hit here, but still it's a good thinking. And I like the watch. Yes, doesn't look much good, but it does much more than moto gear and it has a digital crown too! Basically, if you leave the price part away, iPhone 6 and 6 plus are actually a thing of beauty.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Apple's products just give us a reason to aim high and be rich.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey!.Hello there I m vipul from Gujarat. i m cureently studying in my final year(7th sem) in Electronics and Communication Eng.
hello guys, I wanted to design a water propeller of diameter 3.5 to 5". I have to design it since I didn't find a propeller for the above size in...
With an aim to make learning fun and interactive, Classmint was founded by Rajan Chandi and Amar Prabhu in the year 2013. Classmint is an interactive study notes service. Rajan...
Webinar on SimCafe Portal to Learn Simulation Learn how students and professors can use SimCafe portal created by Cornell for teaching and learning CFD & FEA simulation: https://view.s4.exacttarget.com/?j=f...7d6101&s=fe2c11737761057b731576&jb=ffce15&ju=
Moments after unveiling iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Apple took the covers off its smartwatch at its star studded launch event. The Apple Watch will be available in three...