iPhone 5 Uses Nano-SIM. Regular SIM Cards Not Supported!

What's the price of progress, folks? It turns out that the latest iPhone 5 won't support your regular micro-SIM cards. The iPhone 5 will use specially designed nano-sim cards and the company has made it clear that they won't go back. The nano-sim offers several advantages to the design of the phone by occupying lesser space. Plus, it supports the 4G LTE networks.

Earlier, people would just cut out the micro-SIM from the regular SIM cards; but you won't be able to do that. So if you're buying an iPhone in near future; please note that switching over to another phone is going to be very difficult. You've been informed!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is really astonishing. What were they thinking? The basic purpose of a micro/nano SIM should be to save space (isn't it?). But from what I've read across the web, the phones require an adapter to hold the sim in place before inserting into the phone. This actually makes it bigger than the original sim card, which usually just insert into a slot in the phone. Why would anyone want to get new SIM cards? 😲
    May be people would go buy it, if the iPhone 5 was actually 'new'.

Let us Thank god that Galaxy Note 2 is a dual-sim. 😁
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Not only this, they have also changed the connector. I just dont understand why dont they just go with USB. Its universal and people wont have to buy new accessories every time they are going to buy an iPhone....👎 Things people do in the name of innovation!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Oh. And mobile operators provide only one sim card per number. We cant ask multiple.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Indian telecom operators have already ordered for the new nano-sims and it's being rumoured that iPhone 5 may make an entry in India earlier than expected. India didn't appear in Tim Cook's global iPhone 5 roll-out plan. But the SIM card thing is making me nervous about the iPhone 5. I wonder why they chose to take this step; probably because of the obsession of being different or just saving more space?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple's just launched a new type of earphones called 'EarPods'. The EarPods feature a never-thought-before design and Apple's chief product designer, Sir. Jonathan Ive says that they did LOT of...
In Circuits and Networks subject; we are asked to find current at initial stage a.k.a initial condition. Even in finding current equation using Laplace ; initial condition is used. In...
I want to buy a laptop and I'm not sure which one is best for me 😔 My usage: Surfing, reading ebooks, video chatting, watching HD movies (sometimes on sunday)....
Rover was sent to the red planet in search of "life" and "the role of water" and for many other beneficiary tasks. But now the scientists are thinking otherwise. They...
While surfing web ,almost every one of us stumble upon some link and articles and want to save it for later reference or want to have some dairy kind of...