iPad mini app developement

How does the introduction of iPad mini effect the iOS development?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Shori
    How does the introduction of iPad mini effect the iOS development?
    I don't think iOS development will get affected in a larger way with the introduction of iPad mini. iPad mini is just another device or varient of the original iPad with a smaller form factor. I believe most of the apps meant for the original iPad run absolutely fine on the smaller iPad. Are you looking at any specific issues or concerns? If yes, please post them so that we can have more points to discuss.
  • Abhishek Shori
    Abhishek Shori
    hi, Thanks for replying, but yes, actually the most important question in my mind is that, how do I develop an app that runs on all( iPhone, iPad and iPad mini) these devices and still the build size remains small. Do I need to make different xibs for all these or adjust my frame by checking for the device at runtime? or there are any other better possible solutions. Also this may get a bit complicated, when both the orientations are supported.
  • Abhishek Shori
    Abhishek Shori
    See, the thing with iPAD mini is that, people are supposed to use it with one hand, but iPad can't be used with one hand, so I believe gestures such as pinch in/out must be avoided in mini Pad. So my worry is that, I can't see a same app for all the three devices? There has to be different experience with all these different devices.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Abhishek Shori
    See, the thing with iPAD mini is that, people are supposed to use it with one hand, but iPad can't be used with one hand, so I believe gestures such as pinch in/out must be avoided in mini Pad. So my worry is that, I can't see a same app for all the three devices? There has to be different experience with all these different devices.
    That depends on your mind set only

I am not a mobile geek but I think the aspect ratio of the iPads are almost the same and If it is so then the apps can be cross platform

If the aspect ratio varies then the apps can not be used in other ipads But this needs citation it is purely my theory

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, the latest small iPad from Apple's getting its own drop and drunk test. The drop tests are simple - dropping the gadget from a 'typical' drop height - about...
Hi everyone. I am Adhavan. Doing my 2nd year civil in Anna university,Guindy. I was actually searching for a forum where I could interact with civil engineers and future civil...
Whether bidirectional and universal shift registers are same?
What is difference between rigid and semirigid diaphragm in Etabs.And how it takes place in load bearing structure
I wish to know what is active low and active high in electronics?