IP question

Suppose there are 3 routers between source host and destination host.
Ignoring fragmentation, an Ip datagram sent from source to destination will travel how many interfaces ?
How many forwarding tables will be indexed to move the datagram from the source to the destination ?

My answer is 8 and 4.
I dont know its answer.
Please friends correct me if i am wrong. I am not sure about my solution.
So asking here.😎

Replies

• Munguti
    Munguti
    When you say interfaces are you also including ethernet interfaces and serial interfaces

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey i wanna implement distributed computing in microcontrollers. can ny1 sugst vich microcontroller wud b betr??
This is a video of an event that happened in IIT roorkee which attract the attention of our jobless media to make it a big controversy..... YouTube - 'Love Lips...
Hello every one, good morning / evening I'm an Instrumentation and Control Engineering student , from Saudi Arabia. Actually, ICE is not well known in my society, so I usually...
The Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India has declared that India will witness MNP implementation from November 01, 2010. There are few reports on the Internet that the actual implementation won't...
Small Talk Link: Martin Cooper – The Father of Mobile Phone - CrazyEngineers Discuss in this thread.