IP address doubt ?

Suppose my original IP address is 210.210.210.24
Now i have set the ip address of my system as 200.200.210.200

I am not getting the fact that now in this situation why i can not access the net ?

Suppose i have requested the page for google.com

Then in this situation the google server should send the reply to 200.200.210.200.

I will not get the replies but i should be able to send requests.

Is that so ?

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    because ip address means connection between your system and the net dealer if it goes wrong you lost connection with it and your system cant catch the available net so many problems will occur if you change ip address
    i think this about net and ip address
    correct me if i am wrong
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    Actually i am not getting how the problems and what kind of problems will arise ?
  • HirenBarbhaya
    HirenBarbhaya
    you cannot give any address to your machine... because the net provide would have one set of address... let's say (210.210.210.*)...
    so any IP address other than this group would not be able to communicate with net provider server and it would not entertain your requests...
    Correct me if I m wrong...
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    problems like not connecting with net at any website and all others related to net
  • vijaymp
    vijaymp
    If i give the address which belongs to that group then will it work? If not why?
    HirenBarbhaya
    you cannot give any address to your machine... because the net provide would have one set of address... let's say (210.210.210.*)...
    so any IP address other than this group would not be able to communicate with net provider server and it would not entertain your requests...
    Correct me if I m wrong...
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    Hey guys,
    Just tell me if i use a fake IP address then Can i still be able to send HTTP requests
    though i may not get replies from that website because replies may be going to the address i have used. ?
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @blunderboy- You cannot give a fake IP because the server of the ISP allocates IP addresses from the set allocated to them. The IP address represents your ID on the ISP's n/w. Though people have n no. of tricks up their sleeve such as using proxy server's etc. I'm not aware of any such thing.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    blunderboy
    Suppose my original IP address is 210.210.210.24
    Now i have set the ip address of my system as 200.200.210.200

I am not getting the fact that now in this situation why i can not access the net ?

Suppose i have requested the page for google.com

Then in this situation the google server should send the reply to 200.200.210.200.

I will not get the replies but i should be able to send requests.

Is that so ?
    First of all, you tell me how you set your IP Address as 200.200.210.200 ?
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    sahithi pallavi
    First of all, you tell me how you set your IP Address as 200.200.210.200 ?
    I am not getting what exactly you want to ask..
    We can set IP address as:-
    (Windows 7 and Vista)
    1.Network and Sharing center
    2.Change adapter settings
    3.Set any IP address
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh ok! I don't think it will work!
    But I know, using proxies you may send the requests and you may receive the requests with another IP address!

By the way, May I know why you want to access with fake IP address?
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    NO pallavi, There is no need as such
    But i want to grasp the concept.
    This question arise in my mind suddenly doing some work and i did not get the answer myself so thought of taking help of CEians.
    And Yes, it works.
    IP address will be set though i wont work.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    210.210.210.24 is a class C address , which implies 210.210.210.xx is your network IP as mnay have already pointed out here. All the hosts devices in your ISP network will be having a public IP as 210.210.210.yy.
    Now, lets assume you have changed your host address to a static adress of some value 200.xx.xx.xx. if you are familiar with network devices functionalities, the edge router might not really recognise the source IP address of the packet you are trying to send and might discard the packet. because , for your computer the next hop details would rather be stored as 210.210.210.xy and the details for your computer are stored as 210.210.210.xx at a specific interface of the router. When it recieves a packet with different source address , it might end up discardng it.
    In case you end up updating the Ip to some valid Ip in your network, there is no garuantee that it will be of unique value, it would rather cause Ip duplications in the network and you might not still be able to connect to internet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Find the greatest number which divides 132,62,237 to leave same remainder.
Researchers have developed a new single pixel camera for the field of scientific imaging. A sensor of just one pixel can record high-quality images and distribute them securely, that is,...
A European consortium, the University of Edinburgh, and TU Delft has been involved in the development and application of the Megaframe Imager ->an ultrafast camera capable of recording images at...
Bangalore: To bring a radical change in the system of admissions to colleges and institutions of higher learning,the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) is contemplating introducing a national-level entrance...
The Hispanic Googlers Network in association with the Google Space Program and the AtGoogleTalks team present José M. Hernández who on his inspirational journey of achieving his dream of becoming...