Invite Your Friends To Check Out CrazyEngineers!

CEans,

We told you this time it's about your friends. We even told you that 'this is just the beginning'. Today we are happy to announce our super-cool facility to invite / inform your friends, bosses, colleagues to check out CrazyEngineers!

Before You Proceed: Note that this facility is currently under 'beta'; which means a thing or two may not work as intended. We'll keep improving it in coming days and make it even better.

Things To Note:
  1. The facility is NOT your typical friend-inviter (though it's called so). We decided not to make people 'register first, then explore'.
  2. You will have a quick facility to send a custom invitation message and links to our blog & community. We expect that those who like CE, will definitely join.
  3. The facility allows you to see if any of your contacts are already on CrazyEngineers ๐Ÿ‘. This facility currently works only on Gmail contacts.
  4. We're supporting: GMAIL, FACEBOOK and Direct Email Invitation facilities at the moment. More facilities (Viz. Yahoo, Hotmail, Twitter, LinkedIn) will be added later.
VERY IMPORTANT: Say 'YES' to Gmail / Facebook App authentication requests. ๐Ÿ˜
We request you to be selective in sending out invites so that we don't go on spamming people's mailboxes.
Keep your feedback, suggestions, feature request coming in via this thread. ๐Ÿ˜
GO -> #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• graphite
    graphite
    Wonderful beginning #-Link-Snipped-#
    The facility is really super cool.
    I started sending invitation to my friends in contact. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Chris Deeming
    Chris Deeming
    Nice feature, #-Link-Snipped-#

๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Amazing !! Great come up CE. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • chatkicold
    chatkicold
    yes i have gmail
    and ur facility is amazine
  • Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    I want the community to grow larger. Did my bit. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was holding off to announce that the feature has been coded by our uber-cool CEan, #-Link-Snipped-# . Chris is an amazingly talented guy who's equally amazing to work with.

But as I said, this is just a start. We'll keep ๐Ÿ˜ฏ until the time comes for our next big announcement!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    The mailer looks just fine! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I have been going through a rather cumbersome process for inviting people, who will mutually benefit by joining. Compose email attach CE home address and such.
    I am completely at sea at what this is about.
    Some 'How to' in single syllables may help.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    Some 'How to' in single syllables may help.
    We plan to make it a lot better in coming days and what we've launched is the version that 'works'. As I type this, #-Link-Snipped-# has already sent me a new version of the system.

I think it'd be a better idea to make the index page of the friend-inviter more user friend. Right now, all it shows is three fancy icons. Maybe we'll add a few tips.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    sir one small hint i think why can't we install keyboard short cuts for some frequently done commands that will make this more user friendly and also more helpful for the users
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    But where is it? How do we get to it?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Goodness Gracious!
    GO -> #-Link-Snipped-#
    I am more used to reading the fine print and missed this altogether!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I went there. That is almost exactly what I say in my mail inviting people.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Also, adding to Ramani Sirs suggestion , some voice posts and some interesting threads might as well motivate the invitees to join
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    Also, adding to Ramani Sirs suggestion , some voice posts and some interesting threads might as well motivate the invitees to join
    The invitation message can be customised. You can add anything there depending upon who you are inviting. You may refer to a thread or a member profile, a VoiCE post or Small Talk.

I hope that people go selective while inviting instead of 'Select All' and send. CE has its own audience and is not designed for 'everyone'.

That's the reason, we carefully chose not to include a direct registration link. We only provide a mechanism to let your friend land up on the front page of CE Community or blog and explore things themselves. If they like - they will join.

Going forward, we plan to add more services like Hotmail, Yahoo and LinkedIn. As suggested, we'll make it easier to operate the system.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    A much required feature now that CE's growing in good pace !
    Hats off to the Chris for all the coding ๐Ÿ˜€

Some suggestions on the friend inviter page design:
    • We could totally center align everything there, since all the text and content takes a short width
    • Give some more free space around the icons. They'll get some fresh air, plus the icons will look more inviting to click on when they're not that packed
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Points noted.
  • aabishkar kandel
    aabishkar kandel
    ASM..!! good going CE!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-# First of all welcome to CE and thanks for your compliments eager to see you more here in CE
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    @kustubh waiting for this feature to go live again
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vikram S Bargah
    @kustubh waiting for this feature to go live again
    We'll be performing an upgrade very soon and you may expect the facility to be back.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey, I am 3rd year E&C engineering student. I just wanted to know if the pcb design training is useful? I spoke to many people and they said that its...
Our faculty asked us to do final year project in campus only.So friends pls suggest me with some new ideas or projects using the above softwares.
i have a question related to digital communication. what is the need of two sine waves in PSK? not only in PSK even in DPSK, FSK, and QPSK... if any...
Here I came across a idea of creating a vehicle (say bike) with engine which have different cc (power) in different scenario. Suppose I have a 250cc bike which never...