Interview Tip: Don't Lie (Ever!) & Be Careful About What You Say

CEans,

Trying to be larger than what you really are might prove fatal in any interview that you face. Even though this might look very obvious, lot of candidates do it only to get rejected. I'll elaborate my point with few real life examples -

"Candidate: My mind is always full of innovative ideas."

Now, you might think the above line will create great impression in interviewer's mind. It will, if you are lucky. But are you really prepared to handle questions that might follow, such as -

"Tell us about any innovative idea of your own that you've worked on."

"Candidate: Reading is one of my hobbies."

to which the Interviewer may ask -

"Who is your favorite author and could you tell us names of few books written by your favorite author?"

If you lied, you'll get caught.

Simple tips, but very handy in interviews.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Good and useful tips. Waiting for more. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Cool if we just escape but once caught then we are caught!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Take it for granted - you will get caught if you lie. The interviewer may not tell you that he/she caught your lie; but it will reflect on your interview's outcome. I've even found that if you are lucky to get 'non-smart' interviewer ๐Ÿ˜€ you can easily escape. But why take chance?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yeah this is true!!!
    This is a true incident , I have attended an interview with an experience of 3+ years.
    The Interview happened very recently, so my resume which I copy pasted few points from my brother's resume were caught by the interviewer!
    He asked a question , Have you worked on these things mentioned in your resume?
    I said I have worked on few , not all Its just copy paste! ๐Ÿ˜€

So be truthful , it will make you feel better!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @E-S: ๐Ÿ˜

Yes, lie can be caught easily. One of my friend had caught a liar by asking him how to connect to an International conference line. The candidate had never worked for any company and had no clue about the procedure normally followed to dial. My friend grilled him until he confessed that he had faked his experience.

One more tip: Don't just mention various technologies on your resume for the heck of mentioning them. Lot of candidates mention many technologies they've just heard about somewhere. Only mention the ones you've worked on or have some knowledge about.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    And.. you know what I got selected too!
    Because he asked me what all you are good at pointing Resume , I said few of the listed parameters!
    He agreed and selected me! However I am not joining there , thats a different story anyway!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Only mention the ones you've worked on or have some knowledge about.
    Yes, Very correct. I mostly concentrate on my resume itself.

PS : guys, It will be very nice if you share your Interview experiences. It will very help us.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Meaning: treacherous Usage: The company had a duplicitous staff. They had to shut it down. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reply to this post by composing a sentence using this word. ๐Ÿ˜€
This workshop covers all aspects of making a formal business plan, including a hands on exercise specific to your startup. The following topics will be covered in details: * process...
I have been wondering on this for long. As the name suggests, cheer leaders are supposed to cheer the participants. But, can the players concentrate on the game if they...
.... a very less talked of Engineering Branch. We all know about plastic. But very less is known about what goes behind the creating of plastics that is ruling our...
I tried to make a little parody of the Song "Waving Flag" by Knaan, after I couldn't stop listening to it since the World Cup 2010 Inauguration. When I get...