INTERRUPTS- PIC16F877A

hi frnds. i am working on pic16f877a controller. i have a doubt, can we use both RB0/EXT interrupt and RB PORT CHANGE interrupt in the same isr, with each interrupt signal triggering different processes??

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Yes, you can. For all the interrupts, PC will point to 04h and you will need to further check the flags to see what action caused interrupt and execute instructions corresponding to that.
  • raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    lal
    Yes, you can. For all the interrupts, PC will point to 04h and you will need to further check the flags to see what action caused interrupt and execute instructions corresponding to that.
    yep. i tried it using mikroc and i got a perfect output in proteus simulation. but for the same code, the ic does not responds. there is some real time issue
  • raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    yep. i tried it using mikroc and i got a perfect output in proteus simulation. but for the same code, the ic does not responds. there is some real time issue
  • raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    this is my code. what could be my possible issue??
    int count=0; //initialise count variable
    int a; //initialise temp variable
    void motor()
    {
    //consider RD0 and RD1 be input to motors
    PORTC.F0=1;
    PORTC.F1=0; //door open
    Delay_ms(5000);
    PORTC.F0=0;
    PORTC.F1=0; //door stop
    Delay_ms(20000);
    PORTC.F0=0;
    PORTC.F1=1; //door close
    Delay_ms(5000);
    PORTC=0X00;
    PORTC.F6=0; //rf low signal
    }

void main()
    {
    //general register direction configuration
    TRISC=0X00;
    TRISD=0XFF;
    //general port configuration
    PORTC=0X00;
    PORTD=0X00;
    OPTION_REG.INTEDG = 1; //rising egde is taken as interrupt
    INTCON.GIE = 1;//enable global interrupt (INTCON is interrupt register)
    INTCON.INTE = 1;//enable external interrupt pin i.e RB0
    INTCON.RBIE = 1;//enable port change interrupt in port B (pins 4 to7)
    while(1)
    {
    if(PORTD.F0==1) //RFID TRUE VALUE
    {
    while(PORTD.F0); //hold the value
    PORTC.F6=1; //RD3 be RF at engine
    motor(); //function call
    }
    }
    }
    //interrupt service routine
    void interrupt()
    {

if(INTCON.INTF==1) //check rb0 int flag
    {
    count++; //increment count
    INTCON.INTF=0; //clear rb0 int flag
    }
    if(INTCON.RBIF==1) //check rb port change int flag
    {
    while(PORTB.F4==1); //hold the value
    count--; //decrement count
    a=PORTB; //read portb to eliminate mismatch conditon after triggering
    INTCON.RBIF=0; //clear rb port change int flag
    }
    if (count>2)
    {
    PORTC.F7=1; //send high pulse to 2nd rf pin
    }
    else if(count<=2)
    {
    PORTC.F7=0; //send low pulse to 2nd rf pin
    }

}
  • lal
    lal
    I cannot comment on the code. I never had experience coding in MikroC. I write in assembly.

By the way, does PIC respond to external interrupt?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Not 100% sure as I have to look into datasheet for that more but if you have enabled,

Pin Change Notification and EXT interrupt together.
    Means you are getting EXT interrupt when pin goes HIGH or LOW and you also get interrupt when status of the pin change So it should trigger both interrupt but you also have to check about priority.
  • raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    lal
    I cannot comment on the code. I never had experience coding in MikroC. I write in assembly.

By the way, does PIC respond to external interrupt?
    yep, it responds sometimes with issues like a delayed output when checked with a simple blink program, but for the code mentioned above, there is no response from the pic, even the main function does not occur
  • raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    Harshad Italiya
    Not 100% sure as I have to look into datasheet for that more but if you have enabled,

Pin Change Notification and EXT interrupt together.
    Means you are getting EXT interrupt when pin goes HIGH or LOW and you also get interrupt when status of the pin change So it should trigger both interrupt but you also have to check about priority.
    i am using two different flags for RB0 and PORT change interrupt and checking them with a "if" condition. and also pin change interrupts occur only in pins RB4 to RB7. EXT interrupt occurs at RB0.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    raja_karthick
    Ok, Then you might check with the hardware you have. when you are changing the input pin have you measured with DMM if that pin really goes HIGH or LOW or not?
    Also one more point you might have to look have you configured your that Pin in Input direction or not. From above code it is not looking like you have make it input. It's worth trying to setup as input along with measuring with DMM if it is switching the logic HIGH and LOW really or not.
  • raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    Harshad Italiya
    Ok, Then you might check with the hardware you have. when you are changing the input pin have you measured with DMM if that pin really goes HIGH or LOW or not?
    Also one more point you might have to look have you configured your that Pin in Input direction or not. From above code it is not looking like you have make it input. It's worth trying to setup as input along with measuring with DMM if it is switching the logic HIGH and LOW really or not.
    I will try configuring the direction flow of register and also the DMM and then i will reply😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wed, Mar 16, 2016 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM IST Free Webinar. Register here: Registration
i don't know how and where to start my preparation.suggest me some ideas and could you please provide me the syllabus for IES exam for ECE department?
Project Abstract / Summary : In India the number of road accidents are increasing exponentially every year. The total number of road accidents that occurred in India during 2014 is...
Project Abstract / Summary : The Idea of Sharing Battery power in Mobile phones just like Easy-Going Bluetooth modules is novice and not widely implemented. Here we Provide with a...
In case you didn’t notice, today is Pi day. To mark this occasion hard drive manufacturer Western Digital have unveiled the PiDrive. PiDrive is storage device designed to work with...