Internship:: Help PLEASEEE.....

Hi..
I'm an electrical engg. student entering 2nd year. I want to get some practical training in my core subjects during my holidays. I'd like to work in an internship program in India. But getting an internship in India is like finding Alice in wonderland. I don't know people in any industry.
I know it's a tad early for me for these things. but if i start now, i can try and get a certified internship at least by the end of 3rd year..which supposedly will aid in my campus recruitment period..
What i want to know is:
1. How to go about for getting an internship..That is where to look..I have tried some sites in the net..but they don't appear that helpful..
2. Some authentic internship firms require me to submit a resume so as to register with them.
I don't have much to put in a resume. But i'm very much willing to learn. Now what are the things i should learn..( How good will learning Programming languages be.., me being in electrical stream..?)
I've tried matlab..and i know some things..but how am i supposed to get a certificate that i know matlab..?

Sorry for the long post..But some one please please...help me out here..
Thank you..

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi Gopi ! 😀

You can get job(even better) if you focus more on gaining knowledge no matter in what way you acquire that. Getting certificates doesn't guarantee job though it just give a plus point in clearing eliminations round of recruitment. Finally what matters is your knowledge about your work and your areas on interests. Don't worry about resume, worry about interview -which depends on knowledge.

Best of Luck for future ! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gopi.india
    1. How to go about for getting an internship..That is where to look..I have tried some sites in the net..but they don't appear that helpful..
    2. Some authentic internship firms require me to submit a resume so as to register with them.
    I don't have much to put in a resume. But i'm very much willing to learn.
    Answer#1: Two tried and tested ways :

a> Get in touch with your college alumni OR your seniors in college OR contacts (of contacts) who are working in companies. They should be of great help to get you in getting internship.

b> Write letters to HRs of the companies that offer internships. Your mail needs to be professional & to the mark. Our CEans will help you with it (PS: Strat a new discussion thread for it, if you want). You should recieve some positive response from the HR/PRs of companies.

Answer#2: We've already solved the problem for most of the engineers. Look here: #-Link-Snipped-# You don't have to 'FILL' you resume, just put the matter in a great way.

...and a friendly tip: Don't go after programming languages (or for that matter, any course) with an eye on its usefulness in getting a job. You are entering 2[sup]nd[/sup] year of Engineering and you have ample time. I would recommend that you should take classes/courses of your interest and invest time in something you are passionate about [technical, non-technical stuff]

I hope this helps. All the best! [​IMG]
  • gopi.india
    gopi.india
    Thanks a lot guys..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Posting this thread on behalf of CEan: English-Scared as his machine is infected with a virus that messes up the keyboard. Here's the PM I received from E-S: my system...
People have always been inclined to join mobs - most people have at least one story to tell about a time that they got swept up in or had to...
I bet we do have a good number of GMAT takers. How about sharing your experiences, preparation tips, advice, queries in this section?
There is a bowl containing black and white pebbles. You pick up two pebbles randomly at a time. 1. If both are white, you throw away both of them. 2....
The need for oil and gas is increasing everyday, with much of the world still developing.