Internship Experience at < Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (C.L.W) >

My self Avijit Mondal ,a student of E.E. 7th sem from Asansol Engineering College.Now I am going to share my internship story with CrazyEngineers.com

When I was at my 6th sem then I got a news that CHITTARANJAN LOCOMOTIVE WORKS has arranged for a summer internship for 1 month . Actually my close friends ,whose father are the employee of CLW share that information with me. Then I went to CLW , read out about the notice ,Ref No.-TS/CTI/VT/2014 ,Dtd on.-23/12/2014. I thought that it is a golden opportunity for me as because CLW is the world’s largest vertically implemented workshop and India’s largest electric loco production unit ,it has about 60 no of shop. And it is going to produce the latest WAP-9 type loco. As the no of sit for intern was very limited and the selection was totally marks basis. So quickly I fill up the application form and got the noc from college, submitted it to CLW technical training centre.

After the semester exam I got the news that I become selected for internship.It was a very happy moment for me.

Now it is the time to talk about the things happened in those days of internship .Our total internship period was divided into some phases. First two days was about the introduction and regeneration of clw ,like its establishment, how it become a self depended workshop ,all the spare parts even a small screw ,it produce within clw.

Then they sent us by forming a group of 13 students for practical training into the workforce of clw. About Fifteen thousand employee works there. Then from the next day we met the Senior Section Engineer of different shop like ELECTRIC REPAIRING SHOP (ERS) ,TRACTION MOTOR SHOP (TM-21, 22 ,23) ,CENTRAL POWER HOUSE (CPH) , TRACTION MOTOR DESIGN OFFICE(TMDO) , ELECTRIC LOCO DESIGN OFFICE (ELDO), ELECTRIC LOCO ASSEMBLY SHOP (ELS-19),ARMATURE WINDING AND DESIGN SHOP , STATIC SHOP ,MASTER CONTROLLER UNIT ,and a lot of shop .

Actually our task was to take the overview from the workshop and make a Project on the electic locomotives .For this purpose regularly we reached at clw 8 am at morning and we went to the workshop and talked with the employee about the mechanism and technology of electric locomotives. We have given a special look on loco master controller and aramature design of traction motor.

Thus throughout these days we achieved really some important knowledge over locomotives.

Ultimately I will conclude that my internship story will be quite interesting to the readers of crazyengineers.com.

My message to the internship seeker that you guys must keep an interest in mind for innovation and hardworking , it will lead you people towards a successful intern.

IF NECESSARY DOCUMENTS REQUIRED ,I WILL ATTACH .

- By AVIJIT MONDAL
College: AVIJIT MONDAL
Internship @ CHITTARANJAN LOCOMOTIVE WORKS (C.L.W)
Duration: 1 MONTH

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In their attempt to make the smartphones reach remote locations across the country, Panasonic India has come up with a new sub-Rs. 5000 Android smartphone called 'Love T10'. In fact,...
Samsung has announced a new folding phone, called the Samsung Galaxy Folder for the Korean markets. The design of the phone will take you back to 2005; when the Moto...
OLA Cabs is getting 99% of all their taxi cab bookings through the app and hence has decided that they will shut down the web interface in coming days. I...
Subrahmanya Rao NS hails from a small town called Puttur near Mangalore (Karnataka) where he did his schooling from a middle class family. Subhramanya's mother was a teacher and father...
The NAND flash memory was first introduced back in 1989 and it continues to be one of the most popular memory technologies even today. Engineers at Intel and Micron have...