Internship at National Informatics Centre?

Hello CEians!
I am studying 6th sem B.E (Comp. Science) . I've heard students doing internships at NIC. I am quite interested to opt for Summer Training/Internship programs(2/3 months) at National Informatics Centre. But a quick Google search landed me nowhere. No guidelines are available online regarding application and program details. The NIC website doesn't even have a 'Careers' link. Does anybody have any resources or link where I can find the required info?

I'd appreciate if any CEian could share his/her experience working for NIC. Please guide me regarding the prerequisites, application details, program details etc. If you guys know someone who has carried out one at NIC, Please Tag !

Many Thanks!

UPDATE : The training division recently made available this piece of information regarding the application for summer training. I came across this and decided to share. The link could not be found prior to today. Do read if anyone is interested - #-Link-Snipped-#
Any more resources are welcome !โ€‹

Replies

• Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    I'd like to tag #-Link-Snipped-#. Please guide me bro! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sangee123
    Sangee123
    Random question: Is this website only for engineers in India?
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Sangee123
    Random question: Is this website only for engineers in India?
    No. People from non engineering streams are also here, and very well guiding each other. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • Sangee123
    Sangee123
    Yes, but I noticed all the internships discussed are in India....I dont live in India ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Full semester training program details are available here - #-Link-Snipped-#. Please post if someone knows about short term internships.
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Sangee123
    Yes, but I noticed all the internships discussed are in India....I dont live in India ๐Ÿ˜จ
    Glad to have you amongst us! Having a majority of Indian internships being discussed, does not in any way make CrazyEngineers a website for Indian engineers only ! ๐Ÿ‘
  • Sangee123
    Sangee123
    Thanks, I am Indian๐Ÿ˜›, I just was not born/live in India. I am trying to find an internship too. Thanks for answering my questions & sorry for filling your post with my stupid questions ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Sangee123
    Thanks, I am Indian๐Ÿ˜›, I just was not born/live in India. I am trying to find an internship too. Thanks for answering my questions & sorry for filling your post with my stupid questions ๐Ÿ˜€
    You're welcome!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Why students prefer paid(or free) internship over collaborating on some opensource projects ?
    Is certificate that valuable ?

We shall have debate on that!
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Hello Abhishek ! The primary reason for this is lack of awareness among students regarding collaboration to opensource projects! All that they are concerned about is collecting certificates from renowned institutes(at times from less renowned too). They do this because their peers have been doing this. This happens because there is very less culture being developed to foster innovation in nearly every educational insitution in India. Barring the premiere institutes, the ground reality for nearly every engineering institute in India is the same. There are exceptions though. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    Why students prefer paid(or free) internship over collaborating on some opensource projects ?
    Is certificate that valuable ?

We shall have debate on that!
    You know the sh*tty education system here brother?

They don't want students to go in practicality, all they want is a damn certificate.

But I try to learn wherever I go, whatever I do ๐Ÿ˜€

Piyush Dangre
    I'd like to tag #-Link-Snipped-#. Please guide me bro! ๐Ÿ˜€
    I've done summer training there on Plone (Open Source CMS) and worked on Python.
    A senior told me about that vacancy & guided me. You're concepts should be strong in Python.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Sanyam Khurana
    You know the sh*tty education system here brother?

They don't want students to go in practicality, all they want is a damn certificate.

But I try to learn wherever I go, whatever I do ๐Ÿ˜€
    Amen to that.
  • Sangee123
    Sangee123
    Why sh*tty?
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Sanyam Khurana
    I've done summer training there on Plone (Open Source CMS) and worked on Python.
    A senior told me about that vacancy & guided me. You're concepts should be strong in Python.
    Oh that's wonderful. How was your experience?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# I read your post a couple of days back and ever since I am trying to get in touch with some people who can share their experience. Sadly, not many people are ready to speak up.

A friend told me that some people she knows had to developed an android application to replace the existing mobile site for India's Press Information Bureau (PIB). The app had modules that displayed information about new government plans and policies.

Since you've already found the website that shares the details about applying as internts at NIC, I recommend that you also take a look at the existing projects on the NIC website. #-Link-Snipped-#
    Some of these include - Government eProcurement Solution of NIC (GePNIC), RTI Portal, Online Medical Inventory System, Affidavit Issuance System (AIS), A Portal on North East India Academic and Examination Processing System of Council of Higher Secondary Education etc.

That should give you a fair idea about the kind of work that goes on inside the National Informatics Center.

PS: You should print your resume and head to the local NIC office. See what the reception desk there has to say about internship. Most probably they will ask you to fill out a form or drop an application. If you are lucky, you could get an interview call right away.
  • Piyush Dangre
    Piyush Dangre
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# for this wonderful information. I have studied the kind of projects NIC works on and I am getting the feeling that I have got a bit to contribute too. I'd certainly approach NIC soon and ask for information regarding the training/internship program. I'll soon share the info I get over CE.

Also, please say thanks to the friend who shared some info with you on my behalf ๐Ÿ˜
  • ankit mohanty
    ankit mohanty
    i want to know nic publish some ad or any information about any internship

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When you travel abroad the biggest worry that bogs you down is internet connectivity. Sure, your mobile operator has partners around the world to keep your data connection alive but...
(Sent by my cousin Venky) Quote: The world is "3 minutes" from doomsday. That's the grim outlook from board members of The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. Frustrated with a...
Project Abstract / Summary : Gear mechanism was introduced even cycle for easy riding of cycle.These gears has to be changed manually whenever required but the gears changed may not...
i study MCA 1st year i need to do paper presentation on feb 5 .. i havnt no idea about it anyone can help me
hello friends, i am pursuing b.tech in electronics and communication in the final year and currently i am doing internship in automation. can anybody tell me jobs in india for...