INTERNET OF THINGS BASED VEHICLE SAFETY & HEART RATE MONITORING SYSTEM

Project Abstract / Summary : [​IMG]
This project demonstrates the application of Internet of Things(IoT) by aiming at reducing Vehicle accidents and ensuring comfort as well as safety of the driver by monitoring Heart Rate Variability (HRV) of vehicle driver in Real time with the help of sensors embedded in the driving seat, for clues like Drowsiness, Stress, Fatigue and abnormal functioning of heart for e.g. Arrhythmia(of both types –tachycardia & bradycardia),Cardiac arrest etc and storing it in a Cloud server(Here IBM Bluemix is used) through Internet .In case of any abnormality it alerts driver and informs concerned authorities(including family members) by SMS, Email and Push notifications(from Android Application) about the geographic location of the car using GPS. Also, it uses Bluetooth and RFID(Radio Frequency Identification & Detection) to alert nearby passing vehicles about the emergency.In case of car theft, the owner gets notified about the GPS coordinates of the car via Email/SMS and in response he/she can activate the Kill switch of the Engine remotely by Android application/SMS or email.In this project, Raspberry Pi and Arduino are used as onboard embedded system to connect the car to the Internet.To avoid drunk driving Alcohol sensor is used to prevent the ignition of engine if the driver is drunk. All the information related to Cardiac Health of the Driver as well as the information related to the car is logged on the cloud server which can be used for further analysis using data analytics systems.Here IBM Watson services are used for Data Analytics systems.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : The reason is, with time as the number of motor vehicles on road is increasing,causalities and property losses are also increasing.According to the WHO report there were 1.25 million road traffic deaths globally in 2013.The property losses are uncountable.I believe that this project might be an initial step to minimize the traffic accidents and in turn loss of human lives.This project is based on Internet of Things which is one of the world changing technologies and it involves the use of various branches of engineering.This project is full of various opportunities to expand my knowledge and stretch my thinking into new dimensions.It opened up new windows of creativity and the best thing about this project is that it is wholly devoted to a social cause which helps me to fulfill my sole purpose of living i.e. to serve as long as I am privileged to live.

Project Highlights : I think the biggest reason that this project shall win this contest is that,the sole purpose of the project is to save as many human lives as possible with the help of emerging technologies. It aims at creating a bridge between humans and machines and utilizing this bridge in making humans happier, safer and free of stress.It is a small step towards social well-being by turning dreams of creating a better,happier and peaceful world into reality.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING ROORKEE
City: 0800 435 5162
State: Uttarakhand
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : This project decribes an Automatic Waste Segregation, a prototype for segregation of metallic, dry and wet waste materials using proximity sensors. The economic value of...
Project Abstract / Summary : Wing is an important and integral part of the aircraft body, which gives the sufficient lift and drag forces for take-off, landing and at high...
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract-Electricity has now become the fourth basic need of humans. The sole aim of the project is to generate electricity from a renewable source of...
Project Abstract / Summary : As the problem of urban traffic congestion spreads, there is a pressing need for the introduction of advanced technology and equipment to improve the state-of-the-art...
What actually one h.p mean ? I know that one h.p is equal to 746.2 watts but what does it mean? will it consume 746 watts to produce one h.p...