Internet Issues

Today, I got my internet and within few minutes I faced 2 issues.

1) For some unknown reason, I got a message on screen saying "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and has to be closed". I clicked a button and all of explorer windows were closed". What was the problem?

2) When I open yahoo email, only a part of Inbox screen is shown. A list of messages is not appearing. I tried clicking some other tabs and going back toinbox, but no luck. problem still persists.

ANy help??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. What type of connection do you have?
    2. Could be temporary. What are the steps to reproduce the error?
  • Differential
    Differential
    The_Big_K
    1. What type of connection do you have?
    2. Could be temporary. What are the steps to reproduce the error?
    1) Reliance broadband. 75 kbps.

2) Got the same error with CE as well today. I was trying to open threads in other windows. Only part of a page was displayed. I guess, opening more no of pages sinultaneously is causing the problem, though not sure.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Differential: 75 kbps, I'm afraid, is way too slow 😉 !

1. Which version of IE do you have? What's your OS?
    2. Yeah. Better use FF or Chrome (I recommend Chrome)
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    For any browser 75 KBPS is too slow biggi. I am afraid to say that even FF and chrome will not work consistently at this speed.
  • Differential
    Differential
    okay, I will try FF. Also guide me about virus protection and firewalls.
  • deeps31
    deeps31
    Virus protection, go for a genuine licensed anti-virus software, even if it costs a bit its worth it, i recommend symantec end point protection. Although you would be able to get " cracked" or "pirated" editions, they are not secure. Regularly update your anti-virus software, do not install more than one antivirus software, & most of the antivirus software today provide spyware protection too. Regarding firewall, i suggest you go for zone alarm personal fire wall, if you want an AIO, go for Norton 360 Internet Security, purchase it. A large no.of virus gets through in pen drives & some of them are not detected, for this you may use USB disc security by zbshareware, its kind of good. and yeah always update regularly 😀

regularly scan your pc for keyloggers, trojan backdoors, spywares etc..there are even info stealing cookies too!!

Regards
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Actually, I do not recommend Zone Alarm for the firewall. It does not consistently perform well compared to other existing free firewalls. If your computer is fast, Comodo's firewall is your top choice.

You can install more than one anti virus, but do not have them "active" at the same time. Its common that free anti-virus software have different detection capabilities when it comes to different viruses, so it doesnt hurt to use more than one. I recommend you to use Anti-Vir as the "on demand" scanner, and perhaps have AVG or Avast for the active scanner.

I think 75kbps is OK for general browsing 😛 Maybe turning off javascript might speed up the process if you just want to view mostly text.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey Differential

I would say switch over to Airtel Broadband connection if possible (799 INR per month) and also provides their own Airtel PC Security software for your PC security. Ultimate Connection with 256kbps speed . Unlimited Downloading in just 799 INR per month only.

[ PS: MODS ! Please check if this post is an advertising ]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Does anyone know how to create a marker bar which shows the line number and can be used to insert breakpoints?
Hi ​ I am eng. Yousef Ali​ From: Yemen - Saudi Arabia​ I am 24 years old​ I am glad to be a part of your community ​ sorry my...
hi, i am in 4th sem be looking for summer training in production and industrial branch .can anyone help me out
CEans, Our CEan - Swatis informed me that CE was covered on UTVi 😁. I had no clue that we'll be covered on TV. Did anyone watch the telecast? Addendum:...
In turbo C Editor ,there is a menu called Project. I saw some files with extension .PRJ. For what purpose we use this menu? How to use it?