Interfacing NTSC/PAL with microcontroller?

Hi,
I have CMOS camera that the output is NTSC or PAL. I want to interface with PIC. Did anyone know how to connect that? Maybe it have a chip on that. I'm trying to google search about convert NTSC/PAL into digital or convert NTSC/PAL into UART, SPI or I2C.

Replies

• bill190
    bill190
    There's all sorts of stuff the other way around! (Chip to output to NTSC, etc.)

Just for the heck of it I searched for NTSC to digital converter and found a bunch of links...
    Google

Here are some chips...
    (Click View Page at bottom at following link)
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yo shahrul,

Not sure if this will help, but I've onced used a camera recording module that can store analog camera signals, and can be interfaced via UART. The model is Comedia C6810, but I can't remember where I bought it online ๐Ÿ˜”

But the thing to remember is that even after compression, video files are still large and will take ages to transfer via UART ๐Ÿ˜›

How was Merdeka celebrations btw?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: Email from DimDim Better Video. As soon as you start a meeting, you'll notice the video broadcaster has gotten a lot bigger and better. The host can broadcast their...
Software engineers are obviously attracted towards Facebook - now the world's biggest social network; and lot of Google's talented employees have obtained offers from Facebook. Google's making counter offers to...
In India, there are about 550 million mobile phone users and only about 50 million web users. SMS GupShup - a mobile social network started in 2007 has over 35...
CEan MayurPathak celebrates his birthday today. Let's wish him many happy returns of the day and hope he returns to CE ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Happy Birthday Mayur ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Many leading companies, I've come to know, are asking engineering grads to join 2 year contract at the time of joining. The contract abides the new employees to continue the...