interested in web development but...not able to choose what is best

hi, i`m ravi teja(can call me teja)

i have 2 things to ask..

1. i`m really interested in web development, no technology(asp.net or php...) preference in particular, but...not able to choose what is best for a better job ???( i always dream myself workin in google ๐Ÿ˜’ ...how to make it possible??)

2. Is Mtech(in India) anyway related to my goal??? or do i need to do MS(i`m not really intrested)

i`m really in a dilemma please get me out of this...๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you are aiming to joining a company as a web developer, you will need in depth knowledge of PHP, JavaScript (and AJAX), Database (mysql, oracle, mssql etc.), PERL, CGI, FLEX et al. There are tons of technologies available.

For joining Google, you will need mastery in C,C++, PERL along with good analytical skills, acads and aptitude.

I'd recommend that you should spend some time reading about web development and pick up the technologies, languages that suit your skills and interests.

M.Tech and MS won't really matter (in my opinion). Just be good with computer fundamentals and also read a lot of web development.

Let us know if you have more questions.
  • ghosts
    ghosts
    how to get professional experience with php,javscript and others as you have said earlier...i jst knw the basics of them....
  • ghosts
    ghosts
    and why din`t you mention about ASP.NET is that not worth ???
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    ghosts
    and y din`t u mention about ASP.NET is that not worth ???
    Using SMS text is NOT allowed on CE
  • ghosts
    ghosts
    mahesh_dahale
    Using SMS text is NOT allowed on CE
    done with it
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    see according to me
    Web development lies behind three types of language
    1:-simple html ie the basic...in order to be good develper you must have knowledge of this it is generally used for static pages

2:-scipting language like javascript used for creating interactive pages.

3:-server side language like php,asp.net etc..used for performing internal operation.with server

and last but not the least any database :-mysql ,oracle..
    This is all about web development...
    there is no need of MTech,Ms or anything for this..

I hope i have cleared your doubts to some extent

For further knowledge about web development..follow this link

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Ghosts: There are far more technologies than the ones I mentioned that aide in Web Development. It takes lot of time to master any technology and that's the reason one should first read and understand about various technologies before deciding on one to master.

Professional Experience - is, in my opinion, very overrated. I suggest that you start working on a project of your own and use the technology, language of your choice. This activity will help you decide technology and language that matches your skill set and likings.

Overall, I suggest that you should start reading about the technologies than just wondering which one to choose. Every technology has its own merits and you're the best judge. We can't make that choice for you. I'd strongly recommend not to pay attention to "What's hot in market". Simply because the 'hot stuff in the market keeps on changing'.

Before I conclude this post; I'd like to point out to an earlier post of yours: #-Link-Snipped-#

I believe its high time that you decide what are you passionate about and then pick up technologies, skills that support your passions [web development, embedded systems, networking etc.].
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Ghosts,

You are getting confused between professional experience and hands-on experience. For hands-on experience, you dont need a job ... you need to just do it. This could be in the form of academic projects, or simple experiments that you can do in your spare time.

Theoretical know-how about a language is as good as nothing without applying it. Any web dev worth his salt should also be able to setup their own environment. Thus most of the platform decisions (PHP/ASP/JSP, et al), come from the environment.

Hope this helps clarify things.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey, i`m teja and now i`m in my final year 2nd semster of Btech and i gotta do a project work within a period of 3months from now. frankly speaking...
What is record and Play back in QTP? Record and Playback is the very basic functionality of QTP. Functional tools like QTP/Selenium have ability to record and playback the user...
Can anybody tell me which OS is used in Spice, Max, Airfone, Karbonn & other low cost mobiles. ? Is it possible to upgrade this OS or no ? Many...
hey i'm a 2nd year mechanical student..but want to do a smester project in electronics...can anyone suggest!!!
want mechanical mini project in fabrication unit