Intel's Silvermont Atom-Processor Specifications Leaked.

The future Intel's Silvermont Atom-Processor has already outperformed snapdragon 800, we have discussed about it Intel's Silvermont Atom-Processor Outperforms ARM Based Snapdragon 800..
Recently, alongwith the leak of benchmark of Silvermont processor, the detail of model numbers alongwith the detail has been leaked all over internet. (Sometimes I wonder, is it really a leak or marketing strategy ? anyways back to the topic)

The Silvermont processors are divided in three basic sections of : Notebooks,Desktops & Embedded devices which are given name as BayTrail-M, BayTrail-D & BayTrail-I.

Screenshot from 2013-07-09 13:33:02
The BayTrail-T is the chip for Tablets & smartphones which has Intel's Silvermont Atom-Processor Outperforms ARM Based Snapdragon 800. whose technical specifications haven't been released yet.
The chip for Embedded devices has 5 different models ranging from 1.33 GHz to 1.91 GHz clock frequency, 400 MHz to 792 MHz GPU clock frequency, which includes from single-core to quad-core processor range with 5 watts TDP to 10 watts TDP.

The leaked image of specification of Intel Silvermont shows that there ain't any single-core chip for Notebook & Desktop version.

CEans, Do you think, Intel who was not interested in Mobile devices & suddenly jumping with their awesome processors to the ARM, which was god-like in the mobile domain ?
Intel's Mobile Processors Versus ARM Based Processors. Who Will Dominate The Mobile Domain ?, your take ?

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Is the TDP stated for CPU + GPU? That's a lot of power dissipated compared to a Qualcomm ARM based SoC (which caps at 3W for mobiles).
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ash
    Is the TDP stated for CPU + GPU? That's a lot of power dissipated compared to a Qualcomm ARM based SoC (which caps at 3W for mobiles).
    Like I said in the article,
    Abhishek Rawal
    The BayTrail-T is the chip for Tablets & smartphones which has Intel's Silvermont Atom-Processor Outperforms ARM Based Snapdragon 800. whose technical specifications haven't been released yet.
    And, yes it ought to be CPU+GPU, as both are embedded in single chip.

As BayTrail-T chip's technical specification will release, we'll know more about power consumption. However, I do believe that it wont be able to get power consumption as low as snapdragon 800.We can't judge intel though,Let's wait & watch. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Leicester University researchers have developed a new brainwave reader that can help preventing accidents by stopping the drivers falling asleep at the wheel. Project leader Dr. Matias Ison says that...
Micromax isn't waiting the waves it created with Canvas 4 to settle and is expected to launch a Windows 8 based smartphone in Indian markets, BGR reports. The company is...
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini price in India is Rs. 27,990 and those who didn't want to break their banks may look forward to acquiring this mini-pack for lesser price. But...
​Skoda Rapid Leisure, a special edition of the entry level Sedan from Skoda Auto India has been launched with a price tag of Rs. 7,79,000; ex-showroom Delhi. The Rapid Leisure...
I came across this site Spideroak rather like Dropbox. The main difference is that what is stored is encrypted and accessible only to the user. There seems to be no...