Intel's Clovertrail Outperforming ARM Based Processors By Samsung,Nvidia & Qualcomm.

Intel Clovertrail is the processor developed for the smartphone application, Intel has successfully managed to lower down the power consumption of the processor, Infact the power consumption has decreased lower than the ARM architecture, which is quite surprising.

Intel's processor codenamed "CloverTrail" i.e. Intel Z2580 application processor, recently in the benchmarking test by ABI research has outperformed the ARM based processors by Nvidia,Samsung & Qualcomm by a good margin.

Benchmarking was done by ABI research using Smartphone Lenovo K900 which was powered with Intel's CloverTrail processor & on other end using Smartphones running on ARM based processor from Qualcomm, Samsung & Nvidia.

"Intel did significant work to bring the current drain down on their well-recognized high-performance processors but the competitors did not help themselves. The ARM architecture used by nearly all of Intel's competitors is well known for its low power performance but in bringing the processing power up closer to PC levels, the current drain has taken a significant hit
Jim Mielke, VP of Engineering at ABI research added.

Here' the benchmark test result :
Benchmark

What's your take CEans ?
Intel is eyeing on Mobile world with the development of Haswell processors & Clovertrail processors.
Will it be Intel versus ARM based Companies in near future ?

For more detail, read on official ABI research website : #-Link-Snipped-#
Would like to know your views on this.

Replies

• sainandan
    sainandan
    we already know about intel how it works in our pc .so it would be our pleasure to enjoy the same speed and less power consumption in mobile ..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Intel is tending to go sub nano atleast by 2020 Though it is really a great task the advancement in quantum dots make it more easier

I think we will be using a 1THz processor real soon with the amount intel is dumping into research
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Conqueror
    I think we will be using a 1THz processor real soon with the amount intel is dumping into research
    1THz = 1024 GHz.
    We have hardly reached 9-12GHz after intense overclocking.
    This shit sounds like fairytale to me,atleast for now.
    It will take more than a century to embed 1THz in a processor.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Abhishek Rawal
    1THz = 1024 GHz.
    We have hardly reached 9-12GHz after intense overclocking.
    This shit sounds like fairytale to me,atleast for now.
    It will take more than a century to embed 1THz in a processor.
    Well Technology in your hand is not technology in the world 😯

At the rate we have developed 1THz is around the corner of 2020

Exponential growth in processing speed over the last 2 decade points to it
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Conqueror
    Well Technology in your hand is not technology in the world 😯

At the rate we have developed 1THz is around the corner of 2020

Exponential growth in processing speed over the last 2 decade points to it
    World is moving mobile size. And getting 1 THz in mere one palm-sized of the die is not possible in next 7 years. I can bet anything on this statement.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Abhishek Rawal
    World is moving mobile size. And getting 1 THz in mere one palm-sized of the die is not possible in next 7 years. I can bet anything on this statement.
    Miniaturising a 1TH is not so easy

Well 7 years back 1GHz processor in a mobile phone itself was like WTF But now we don't give a damn about it.

The same goes here in this as well We must have to wait and see for more tech advancement in the near future
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    What I wanna say is, 1 THz is just too power & energy consuming. Moving from 256 MHz clock speed to 1 GHz clock speed i.e. 4 Times is different story. While moving from 10 GHz to 1024 GHz in 7 years is insane mathematics.

Anyways, I am outta this thread if we're not discussing on the Clovertrail versus ARM processors or Intel versus ARM 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is it possible to design an RCC structure in which the reinforcement rods are replaced by I-sections in beams and columns?????? please give me suggestions... what i mean is... An...
Hello CEans I am Pooja, a Grad. in IT would like to start discussion where doubts related to CS/IT subjects can be solved with mutual efforts. Sharing knowledge and solving...
Looks like Microsoft's getting things wrong. Don Mattrick is already out of the company for messing up the entire communication and now the next blow. XBOX ONE will launch in...
I always used to think, Intel will never aim for Smartphone processors & thus there won't be any competition between both different architectures. Well, I was wrong. Recently, Very good...
We know that to reduce the interference effects , frequency separation is provided between two channels. I heard that the channels we are using for a telephonic conversation itself is...